Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our Walk

If I have talked to you about what it is like where I live in Virginia, you no doubt heard me complain of the heat, humidity, and my hardwood floors. All three were the bane of my existence this summer. But I knew once the weather cooled a bit, I would have a much rosier outlook on life and my location. And though fall is a bit hesitant to show it's head here, it has definitely cooled off some, allowing me and Morgan to actually go outside during the day and get some much needed exercise. A couple weeks ago, as I was on my walk, I realized how beautiful my little part of town is. My walking route here is probably my favorite out of all the routes I have ever had. So I decided to snap some pics, not only to prove it to you, but also so you can now imagine where I live. I always like to be able to visualize where my friends and family live as they tell me stories of their lives, taking place thousands of miles away. So here ya go:

{Here is Morgan, getting hydrated before our walk. The messy sidewalk is due to a ginormous pecan tree in our front yard that's dropping nuts like it's goin' out a style.}



{This is the bay, which is usually smooth as glass and so beautiful (just not on the day I took this pictures). Across the way is a Nordstrom (I just had to point that out for Jana and Libby- maybe they will come visit me).}


{We live in a real historic area and this part of town they have worked to keep it restored and beautiful. These streets are fun to walk down and read the history plaques they have for many of the houses.}


{These trees, Crepe Myrtles, are everywhere and they are so beautiful. They line the streets and blossom all summer long. Still blossoming.}


{Just a beautiful historic home!}



{Paddle boat ferry which will take you across the bay.}



{Really, just some beautiful homes. This blue one on the corner is one of my favorites.}

Oh, and me and the hard wood floor have come to a begrudging compromise. I will keep the dust off it and not care so much that I can see little grubby footprints all over it.


PS: Remember my friend who makes birdy slings bags? Well, she is having a giveaway for one of her bags. Go to her blog to check out the details, and then go to her website to see all the cute bags (and now tutu's) she has for sale (and notice how she now has a bag named after me. I had to beg).

10 comments:

Elise said...

Brooke- I want to come visit your cute little town. I love it! And thanks for the second shout out. And for starting the whole sling craze in general. I think that itself warrants a bag named after you.

Heather said...

Forget visiting, can I come live with you??

Wow, no one has ever named a bag after me. I'm seriously jelous. I may just have to add that to my life goals.

tharker said...

What a gorgeous place! I feel a bit jealous that your mom gets to come there in just a couple of months....I wish I could sneak into her luggage. Do you think anyone at airport security would notice a pregnant lady stuffed in a bag?

Kelsey said...

Wow it's beautiful! I wish we could take walks in your beautiful neighborhood. They might actually happen then!

Amy said...

That is a big upgrade from the streets of Brookline to say the least! It's beautiful. I LOVE Morgan's sandals, too.

J-Leav said...

Wowzers! You lucky, lucky lady! Beautiful kids, beautiful city...I wish I had something in Vegas worth taking a picture of. I'm so jealous!

Shells said...

Jealous. It's pretty ugly in Arizona and I've given up pretending that I like it.

Rachel said...

this is like SF only older. I am jealous. UT has a little lacking in the historic homes dpt. I would love to come visit. I need to get out more.

melanie said...

It looks so wonderful there! And to think, I could be spending the night there tomorrow night - if we'd gone the outer banks route. But guess what, I'll be seeing your place next year ALL the time. Get ready for visits.

Michele said...

Wow your neighborhood is absolutely gorgeous. The weather I could go my whole life without but the buildings and trees are so beautiful to look at.