Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cracked Bell

Last week was a busy, traveling week. I visited 5 states and was only home for one day. Being 35 weeks preggers, I had to get the traveling bug out of me for the rest of the year. The first part of the week, I was in Florida, but I will post more about that trip later. The second trip I went on was to Philadelphia for a wedding. We left early Friday morning, and in less that five hours, drove along the eastern shore of VA, Maryland, Delaware, and arrived in Pennsylvania at one of the most beautiful places you could ever envision living in during the fall-- Chadds Ford, PA.

The wedding was nice; Cody was a groomsman and wore a tux, and I fought desperately to keep two unruly girls quiet during the ceremony. Claire kept whispering rather loudly, "This is boring. Weddings are so boring."

The next morning, we took off to Liberty Square in Philadelphia to check out some American history, but it was raining, I am a lazy 35 weeks pregnant, and Independence Hall was 'sold out', so we only stayed about an hour before we decided we'd seen enough and headed home. My favorite part of the whole trip was the drive along the eastern shore. I didn't see any ocean, but the whole drive is through beautiful, picturesque farms and rural towns. So beautiful!


I had to force myself to take pictures just to document that we visited Philly. They are lame pics but at least generations to come can look at them and agree, they are lame.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Any pictures are good pictures! I love to look at old pictures of my parents and siblings and, yes, even myself. *cringe* :D I don't care if they're blown out, crooked (translate: artistic), or hideous. Pictures help me form a vision of what life was like and people were like "way back when." Anyway, you look cute, your family is darling, and you made me drool with your talk of scenic drives! No fair. Happy incubating!

JoDell said...

I bet that drive was gorgeous at this time of year! And, just so you know, you're not a lazy 35 weeks pregnant! I can't believe you've done so much traveling at this stage--you're brave! I determined at about 28 weeks to not travel farther from home than a 30-minute drive until this baby is born...it's just too exhausting. I know that you want to get some traveling in at this stage, though, especially since you won't feel like going anywhere for a little while after the baby's born. And, of course, it helps when you get to travel someplace with your girlfriends...can't wait to hear about the Florida trip! I heard it was a blast.

Jana said...

Sounds so fun. Minus being so pregnant. :) And if Claire thinks civil weddings are boring. . . well she is in for a rude awakening. :) a gymnasium. . . punch. . . cookies. Now that's a party!! :)

tharker said...

I think the mere fact that you traveled through 5 states at 35 weeks proves just how unlazy a 35 week pregnant lady you are!

I can't wait to hear about your trip to Florida. I've been wondering when you were going.

Laurie said...

I love that Claire is resting her head on your belly. Very cute.