Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cold Hard Cash

It just kinda snuck up on us. One day Cody noticed that some of Claire's teeth were loose, we explained to her that all her baby teeth would fall out eventually, she was horrified at the thought, we explained the tooth fairy, she was initially skeptical, but easily convinced, and pretty soon, after much 'big ' pep-talk, she was excited to lose her first tooth. Until the day came.

Then it was drama, crying, a little more drama, some more crying until finally Cody just pulled it right on out. Then everything was just dandy. This all came about so fast that I didn't even have time to secure a tooth fairy pillow (which is the best thing about the whole tooth losing process), so Claire had to put her teeny tiny tooth under her pillow, and thankfully the nervous tooth fairy found it and exchanged it for some cold hard cash. Sweet.

(the dentist at work; Morgan combing her teeth)


(a little hint of the drama that was)


(finally the proud chica showing off her investment)

9 comments:

Laurie said...

How exciting. Sounds very similar to Zack losing his first two teeth. Number one was falling out and he refused to let us touch it. We happened to be going to the dentist for cleanings about a week later and I got the dentist to pull it. Zack wouldn't put it under his pillow because he wanted to save it forever. So no tooth fairy. The second tooth was a few weeks later. Lots of wailing thrashing. Matt tried, I tried, Matt tried again and it wouldn't come. Later that day, we were at my in-laws and I said, Zack let me see how loose it is. He opened wide and I just yanked it out. It was such a satisfying feeling. By the way, what is a tooth fairy pillow?!?

tharker said...

I can imagine the drama ;) I just love that girl, love her!

Claire's toothless little grin is adorable!

Carrie said...

The "drama" picture looks so much like you! I mean, she looks like you, not that you ever have 'drama face.'

Tell Claire congratulations. The losing teeth stage is such a fun stage in life.

Cara said...

I can't believe Claire is losing teeth! Liam (who is 6 1/2 and in 1st grade) still hasn't lost any. He's feeling pretty bummed. That cracks me up that she was so apprehensive about the whole tooth losing idea. Maybe because my kids have been so excited to lose their teeth. :)

Liz said...

She looks so much like you! So . . . how much $$ did Claire's tooth fairy bring her for her momentous first tooth? :0)

Bethany said...

How sweet. I love the pouting face. Morgan has lost 2 now and the 2nd one, I had to just pull out. Congrats.

Linda said...

What an event. Claire is getting so big! I love the 'drama' picture. And really surprised that she let Cody pull it out. I never wanted anyone to touch my loose teeth. But yay for toothfaries! They always know how to make losing a tooth a joyous occassion.

Pitcherpost said...

I'm glad to see she hasn't lost her pouty face! She has that looke perfected!

Losing teeth, your girl is growing up! And morgan too! I didn't get to comment yet on the last post, but I didn't realize your very first post was after that dessert night. For some reason I just imagined in my head that your blog had existed forever....I remember that night so clearly. I was so sad to read that you were feeling so down after that night. And I'm sorry I'm a lousy friend and had no clue how you were feeling. Thanks for being my friend anyways :)seriously

Rachel said...

she's old enough to lose teeth. holy crap. where has the time gone?