Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2

My first post on my blog was about my frustrations in trying to get pregnant with kiddo #2. Since then, I have shared on my blog my pregnancy, my delivery story, my "she-is-so-pinchably-chubby" exclamations, her singing skills, and her hiding skills (which not only include the dryer, but today as I was cleaning out the fridge, she snuck inside and closed the door on herself. We had ourselves a near-Punky Bruster moment). Her whole life has been documented here on this blog. And now she has turned two years old.


She is serious, moody, silly, mama's girl, a screecher, a hugger, and she loves to sing songs (especially "I Know You" from Sleeping Beauty). I love her more than I could express- she makes my heart sing.
This is the same Strawberry Shortcake cake that I had when I was a little , and I have always loved it, anxiously counting down the years until I could make it for my little girls. Mission complete.

I decided today, and I don't know why it took so long to dawn on me, that I really don't like to decorate cakes. It's messy and takes a long time. I once had serious aspirations of being a cake decorator, but I think I can safely say that is one talent I won't be courting anymore (but maybe we will just hold hands every once in a while).

The video is of Morgan blowing out her candles- the birthday song is sung with as much gusto as a funeral march, and we let Morgan burn her finger. Other than that, it is pretty much run of the mill stuff.

13 comments:

Cara said...

What a cute video. :) She is just darling. I wish I could see her in person.

And that cake looks like so much work! Bravo to you for doing it! It turned out great!

tharker said...

I love Morgan's ever so serious nature. She was so much fun last week at the reunion. My favorite part with Morgan was sitting with her in the pool chair while you were swimming with Claire. She made me sing "Bubble, Bubble, Bubble" at least 13 times, "I Know You" a handful of times, and to top it off, we sang a song from "The Little Mermaid" several times. I loved every second of it! She is so darn sweet, and I love her!

Happy Birthday Miss Morgan!

P.S.
I would say even if you and cake decorating only hold hands once in a while, you'll still do 1000 times better than I ever could. Her cake looks adorable!

tharker said...

Oh yeah, I forgot. What IS with the ultra slow singing of Happy Birthday? I couldn't help giggling a bit during the video ;)

Liz said...

I love the dirge. Hilarious! And why was Claire not with the family surrounding Morgan? Did I hear her crying? (I only ask because inevitably our oldest spends our significant family moments on a naughty spot after throwing a royal fit.). :0)

The cake is amazing. I'm grateful for Buddha's insistence on having rectangle cakes. Hallelujah for me! :0)

Amy said...

Shut up is that your kitchen!? Wow, you must be in HEAVEN!

Cute video, I don't think I've ever heard the birthday song sound so sad. Ha ha. Great job on the cake too. Morgan knew just what to do with her candles, very cute! Happy Birthday!

Jana said...

LOL!!!! I miss you guys too much. That video made me so home sick for Pittsburgh. Just a couple of things. I love that Cody has his Pitt shirt on. I never want that to change. :) And I love that I think I hear Claire in the back round a bit sad. Am I right?? Is it because it isn't her bday? Whatever. . . Love you guys!!! And your cake is SUPER!!! Don't give up that dream. I would totally hire you. And also, I love the kitchen. From what I can see, it is a huge step up. :)

Jana said...

And. . .thanks for the super upbeat bday song. That really got me rearing to go for the day. Or made me what to take a nap.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! And the cake looks amazing.

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! The cake is just adorable!

Rachel said...

LOL. you guys crack me up. can you come move to UT? pretty please! She is so cute. If it makes you feel any better, I let Audrey burn her hand in the tub last night. sometimes it just doesn't click until she's crying. Sorry i missed you while you were here this week. We each had our turn with a 24 hour "flu" which wiped us out. It was terrible. yea for Florida though. I can't wait.

Shells said...

That cake has lots of memories for me too. Happy Birthday Morgan!!!!!!

::lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! You did such a great job on that cake!

Libby said...

first of all, i love reading your posts! secondly, i can't believe morgan is 2! crazy. oh and that is hilarious about the fridge! what? how? why? too funny. happy birthday morgan!