Friday, June 19, 2009

Answers to Deep Questions

I know that most of you read my blog in order to be intellectually stimulated and uplifted. You turn to Brooklet to find out the truths about life, about the intangible, about humanity.

And so, with the heavy weight of that responsibility, I bring you answers to deep questions, that I am sure have been keeping you up at nights, curbing your appetite, and ulcering up your stomachs.

While we were driving in the car, Claire asked if we could talk to Jesus on the phone and before I had a chance to answer, she giggled and said, in her best primary teacher voice, "Nooooo. I can talk to him if I pray. I want to talk to Jesus right now." Touched by this simple, sweet moment, my eyes began to brim with tears as I began to hear my little girl start her prayer in the back of car.

"Dear Heavenly Father. . . what's your favorite song? In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

It is not the question that is so revealing about Claire; it is the answer that she gave me that is revealing. And it is the deep truth that I share with you now.

The answer is, There Was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly.

Now you know.

12 comments:

tharker said...

One of my favorite songs too! Love that Claire girl!!!

Cara said...

Love it! That Claire is one of the most fun, unique kids I've ever met. You just can't help but love her! I remember going to Primary in Pittsburgh and having 3 of my own kids in there, but I would pay more attention to Claire because she was so much more entertaining. Life has got to be fun at your house! :)

Wendi said...

I've wondered that too. Thanks Claire!

libby said...

Truly a deep question. I'm so glad she found out for me, because where would we all be without that knowledge?

Elise said...

Gotta love that girl! Can she tell me his favorite color? I think its blue.

Libby said...

oh claire! how we miss her.

JoDell said...

Oh, that's hilarious! What a funny, cute girl you have.

Kimo said...

I have been wondering that for years . . . I'm glad Claire has an 'in' with the big man upstairs and can get the important answers for us.

Rachel said...

LOL> so cute. I think I should have known that one. clearly Jesus loves animals and old ladies.

Liz said...

Sweet! I'll have to pass that one along. :0)

Jana said...

I can totally picture her doing that whole thing. :) She will always make us laugh!!!

Shells said...

Thanks Claire, now I can sleep at night.

By the way, when I was in Pasco, a lot of Grandma's stories were about a miss Claire N and some of the funny things she says (especially profanity during quiet church meetings). :)