Saturday, January 31, 2009

28

I had a great 28th birthday. I was able to spend it with Cody, who took the day off from school. During the day, he took care of the kids and gave me some personal time to read my book and mess around on the computer. It was a little slice of heaven.

Weather wise, it was the worst day so far this winter, with snow and ice everywhere. Schools were cancelled, roads were slick, but by golly, Cody and I still went out for a birthday dinner (kids-free, thanks to Melanie!) where I ate a lovely piece of cow. I came home to a birthday party, with hats and necklaces (thanks Claire) and some chocolate cobbler cake with ice cream. Can we say yum? Claire got me a pair of earrings that she picked out herself (I am wearing them in the picture) and Cody got me an ipod shuffle (it's smaller than a matchbook). So I have been jamming to music almost nonstop since then. It really was a delightful way to spend my golden birthday. Nothing wild and crazy, though maybe that is okay with me.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

happy happy birthday! i'm glad you went out despite the frigid weather. we should have switched for the week, since it has been in the 70s and 80s here in L.A. it is so amazing to me that there are such temperature differences around our country!

PRP said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Glad you got to spend it with those you love!

Carrie said...

ooh, can I get the recipe for that cobbler cake? It sounds delicious!

Yea! for Cody for making your day so special. I'm glad he got to stay home with you guys, and you could have such a wonderful day.

Cara said...

Happy birthday Brooke!

Brooklet said...

Carrie, the recipe is on the site that I linked to in my post- you have to click above the article where is says printable recipe. It is a yummy site!

tharker said...

I'm glad you had a great day despite the nasty weather!

The earrings are so cute, Claire has great taste!!

Have fun rockin' to your new iPod. They are so much fun!

Shells said...

Glad to hear you had a special day on your special day. :)

Amy said...

That WAS a horrible weather day! But glad it didn't get you down. SOunds like you had a great day.

Laurie said...

Happy birthday you very darling little mother, you. It sounds like you had a great day.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday. Claire did a nice job on the earrings. they're pretty cute.

Liz said...

Brooke. You are gorgeous. Happy birthday my awesome friend. I miss our midnight walks around the Provo temple. :0)