Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Coincidence? I Think Not. . .

I took these two pictures of two separate kids on the same day within an hour of each other. The picture of Morgan was taken on the way to the park, when we stopped to take some pictures in the leaves. She wandered over to my stroller and simply climbed into the basket underneath, head first. She has never done this before and I was amused and made her stay there for a fraction of ten seconds to take her picture. Then an hour later, we met our friends at the park, and Aubrey wanders over to my stroller and does the exact same thing, swan dive right into the basket. Her mother's first instinct, of course, was to pull the screaming child out. But me, being the kind-hearted, compassionate soul that I am, say "NO! Let me take a picture first." I had to. What are the chances that both girls would do the exact same superman into the basket move on the same day, whilst I have my camera handy?








I know what you are thinking (I say that a lot on my blog, I must be really omniscient or just really conceited). You are thinking that it isn't that big of a coincidence because I had shiny silver wrappers at the bottom of the baskets, and kids, especially 15/16 months old, are just fur-less raccoons that will go for anything shiny. True. I concede that point.





The coincidence is that I caught it on film. And now I am going to get started on the patent process for my new toddler trapper keeper. It's going to be big.

9 comments:

Shells said...

Okay, my coincidence for the day is that Abby has that exact same pair of pants and that same brown sweater and the same pair of shoes (all from Target) and she wore them all today (okay, maybe not the shoes, but she really owns all three things and she really wore the sweater and pants today). By the way, the sweater and pants were a gift from Tiff. Was that where you got yours?

tharker said...

"Toddler Trapper Keeper" I want one!!!

I'm so glad you caught this on film (okay, not really film, but digital...whatever!) It's just too funny.

Brooklet said...

I think the pants were actually a gift from you, and the shoes and sweater I purchased on my own. I love having baby girls and I love target!

Monica said...

I am trying to figure out if it is just a coincidece that there are so many typos in this post, or if it is some sort of hidden message? I'm thinking it's a hidden message, and I want to be the first to figure it out. Get ready, set, go.

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for these pictures! Those girls are so funny together. And I'm glad you stopped me and took the picture, definitely worth capturing! I'll have to link this post on my blog.

Brooklet said...

I wish I was that cool, Monica. But unfortunately my editor is on vacation, and I had to hurrily publish this because cody was waiting for me so we could finish Gilmore Girls. the sad thing (other than cody watching gilmore girls with me) is that I read through it three times and didnt' catch the major errors (like the very first line!) No secret message. Or is there. . .?

Linda said...

That's funny that they both did the exact thing!

PRP said...

I wish I could fit in there. That's a pretty cool way to ride.

Jana said...

That was too funny. I am glad you got a pic of it. :)