Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bombs Away

Well it happened. I knew it would sooner or later, I just wasn't expecting it tonight. As I sat in the bathroom, watching Morgan splash gleefully in the newly drawn bath water, I was reflecting on something deep. I don't remember what it was, but I am sure it was deep, as that is how my thoughts tend to be. Morgan stands up and is having a jolly good time, and I am brought crashingly back to reality when I see the little groundhog starting to peek out. You know what I am talking about. It's not February. Think poop.

So I yell at Cody who is in the other room to bring a wet wipe, stat! There just might be time to catch the log before it hits the water, the freshly drawn bath water. Cody just sits and stares at me as if I was presenting a lecture on quilling. Nice. Is this how he would react in a real emergency (though at the time I was shouting orders, I felt like it was a real emergency and I was using my 'this-is-a-real-emergency' voice)? Anyways, I am sorry to say that I didn't make it in time. It was like bombs away. Bombs away.

Disgusting, I know. But, people, you only have to read about it; I had to clean it up. Poop. Suspended in water. Floating about like it was on display at the local aquarium. There is a reason that toilets flush and don't merely drain. I wasted two minutes of my life waiting and watching the fecal water drain out of the tub. That is two minutes I can never get back (nor do I want it back).

Next time Morgan takes a bath, she is getting her bum scotched-taped first. And I mean it.

23 comments:

tharker said...

Ahh, the poop in the tub moments. Been there. Done that. Too many times.

I feel for you Brooke!

Although, next time if she's standing, just pick her up and sit her on the toilet. At least the poo will fall in there and not in her freshly drawn bath water.

Brooklet said...

Obviously i don't react well in real emergency's either. That would have made a lot of sense, but no, I didn't think of it and i had the great ol' time of cleaning up the mess.

Bethany said...

This is hillarious! I'm serious, this is good stuff! I haven't laughed outloud, reading the computer, forever...You are funny.

Stacee said...

I haven't had one of those in a while. Don't miss it at all either!! Funny though. I can picture everything just the way it happened to you. NO FUN!! It's nice that the toliets are close enough to the tubs though

Carrie said...

Okay, this has happened to me too many times, but the next time it happens I'm going to head straight for the computer (after the mess is cleaned, of course) and read this post to help me feel better. This was just too funny.

Stacia said...

That sure must have.. stunk for you! I have a friend that scooped it up with a cup. And always joked that the cup I was drinking out of looked like the one she used!!

As I was reading this I thought of how many times a baby or child must have peed in the tub, but we just don't know. But poo is worse!

Michele said...

So sorry...it is a right of passage all parents must go through at least once. Hopefully you are finished and never have to deal with that passage again.

Libby said...

oh so funny! good advise from tharker! i wouldn't have thought of that but it seems so obvious! i remember that happening with jack and jeff was at work.

Cara said...

Oh I feel for you. We went through a phase when Hallie was little...every time she was in the bath we had that problem. EVERY TIME!!! I would race time, bathe her as quickly as possible before the bomb dropped, as you put it. Yuck. It got to the point that I wouldn't bathe her until after I had cleaned a messy diaper (and even then, we'd still have problems occasionally.) Yuck.

Oh, and be grateful she was the only one in the tub. We've had it happen when 2 or 3 kids are in the tub together. YUCK!!!

JoDell said...

Nice! There's nothing more gross than cleaning up poop (even when it comes from your own adorable children)! I like the scotch tape idea. :)

Liz said...

Ew.

Liz said...

Actually, it's happened to me before (well, not "me," but my kid). Thanks for drudging up bad memories. :P

Jana said...

I hate poop in the tub. You are lucky that was your first time. Jackson and Noah have BOTH graced me with their stink.

Amy said...

Oh no! Thank goodness Owen hasn't done that! Knock on wood. I can totally see Cody just standing there with his mouth open.

Amy said...

PS Thank you for not taking pics on this one!

Rachel said...

Oh, I remember the first time that happened with Ali. NOT a fun experience. If I remember correctly, there was screaming involved.

Cara said...

You must have jinxed me because guess what I found floating around in the tub at bath time, with two kids in and just finishing up? YUCK!

Sketchy said...

Well the good news is you have some kid free moments to relax and recover.

Jessica said...

Um. Yuck.

The apron was used today! I made...chocolate chip cookies!!!

Shells said...

So gross. Fortunately, all of Mike's poop in the tub incidents were when I was pregnant with Abby and Tom was around to clean it up for me. We'll see how long that luck lasts.

5dollarFanatic said...

What kind of scotch tape are you using????

Kimo said...

Oh yes!! I definitely needed a good laugh today, and I got it! I have had that experience so many times, and yet, it never seemed so funny when it was happening to me . . . thanks for putting it in such a humorous light!

It was so fun to see you in NYC! Good times!

Radene said...

all i have to say is gross, i'm sorry and this was not the best post to start reading while nauseated! if you know what i mean....:-)