Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yes, Another One

About a year ago, I took a little test to see how addicted to blogging I was. Yes, I realize the absurdities of that last sentence- first off, that there is even a test that would be designed for such a farcical purpose and second, that I would, in fact, waste five minutes of my life taking the farcical test. Any hoot, I did and I digress.

One of the questions on the test was 'how many blogs do I have?' Meaning, not how many I read, but how many I author on. At the time, I only had one. But a glance at my dashboard today shows a grand total of 5. That's right, 5. Of course, one is just for me to test my template, one is a secretive dormant one that my sisters never write on anymore, but the other three I show to the world. And the fact that I have three makes me a bit farcical (I just learned that word today, so I am going to use it until it is stuck firmly in my lexicon).

The most recent addition is a blog started by my friend, Laurie, who wanted to share and gather ideas on family holiday traditions, crafts, recipes, etc. She invited me to add to the forum. And you know me, I go where ever I am invited! I view it as a great place to pick up new ideas and also a place I can share what I have been plucking away at in my home.

So take a gander if you would like. We will be updating it all through the holidays because we are just farcical like that.


Have a very farcical weekend!

10 comments:

tharker said...

Oh, I forgot about the secretive dormant one....or am I even thinking of the correct one? Just tell me I'm crazy, and we'll forget this conversation ever happened.

I love your paper chain. And I'm so glad that Claire is happy that Morgan sleeps well ;)

Jana said...

Love it. What a great way to share ideas.

Unknown said...

And what's your other farcical blog that you do keep up on? You said there's three, right?

Brooklet said...

the third is a recipe blog that i contribute to.

Amy said...

I didn't even know you had 3 blogs. What are the addresses? I like the Thanksgiving craft.

Monica said...

Wow, seeing your paper chain sure brings back a lot of fun memories from childhood. I am also a huge fan of advent calendar type things. Remember the big house with the velcro bear that moves around from room to room, and finally, on the last day, he moves into the room with the Christmas tree, and it's Christmas day. Love that. Does mom still put it up? We have a little wooden house with 25doors and you can open one door each day and get a piece of candy. I think we usually make it to December 5th or so with all the candy there. Then after that we don't bother to open the doors anymore. Not so much fun without the candy.

Carrie said...

When I read the title, I thought you were pregnant. You had me going there, and you probably didn't even mean to.

I love your post on the paper chain. Only Brooke could spice up a crafty tutorial with enough wit and humor to make you think you're not just reading a crafty tutorial. I'll definitely be checking back to see what else you do.

Brooklet said...

Monica, I will never forget the bear advent calendar- it is what started my love for advent.

Sketchy said...

You have 3 blogs? 3 real blogs that you contribute to? How did I not know about any of them until a month ago?

Kimberly said...

I guess I'm going to have to look up Farcical. I love learning new words:) So 5 blogs, wow you are an addict I wonder if they have a program set up for people like you:) I'll have to check out your new blog and absorb all the new fun ideas!