Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not Forgotten

I am currently addicted to Gilmore girls.Speaking of girls, I wanted to shout-out a belated birthday wish to my sister, Michelle. She is a great sister and I hope that she had great fun on the big day.Speaking of big days, my dad also had a birthday that I want to make a belated shout-out. He has just recently acquired the internet, and so along with the birthday wish, I also wanted to welcome him officially to the 21st century. Speaking of the 21st century, how did I ever live without a digital camera? I was out of batteries for a month and I missed a lot of photo ops, the main being that Claire started preschool at the beginning of the month.I had to take traditional picture of the first day on my cell phone. Bummer. But she is having a good time at school and is learning those social skills I so feared her never mastering, like standing in line and not throwing the wicked, rolling-around-on-the-ground, flailing like a fish fits. Speaking of wicked, Cody and I went to Wicked several weeks ago. It came to town and I was excited to see it again, and I was excited for Cody to see it for the first time. It was wicked cool. Cody only thought it was unrighteous cool, but he was still impressed with the singing and the special effects. Speaking of singing and special effects, the primary program is done and over with! It went well with only a few minor glitches (but let's be honest, the glitches are the best parts of the show). I am glad to have it done and behind us. Claire did a cute job though she was kind of a pill the whole part of church. After primary, I could hear her all too familiar scream and cry coming down the hall way. I peek out to see her rolling around on the floor, flailing like a fish. Sweet. Speaking of flailing like a fish, Cody is back from his week long fishing trip in Rhode Island. He said it was the trip of a life time, best fishing of his life. We are just glad to have him back, safe and sound. Speaking of safe and sound. . . nothing. I've got nothing for that.

11 comments:

Libby said...

what in the world? is your post messed up or did you do that on purpose for some reason?

Brooklet said...

grr, the blogger did that to my post, and I had to go back and delete all the crappy symbols. What a pain!

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks fine now, although it's still messed up in google reader. I hate reading your posts by the way. They just remind me of how dull mine are. Here's how my version would have gone. "Sorry I have no picture, my digital camera is broken...durrr...So...I went to wicked and it was great...umm...claire went to school...the end."

Liz said...

Brooklyn! You are stunning! Geez I wish motherhood was that nice to me. :) I love your post, too. It reminds me of the random wanderings of my own mind and how certain thoughts can lead to other shoot-off thoughts. Dan and I sometimes play track-back that thought. It's very amusing. :) Did I mention that you are BEAUTIFUL?!! Sniff, sniff. You just lit the fire under me to get on our new Total Gym. Thank you.

Carrie said...

Okay, I've decided that this is my favorite post you've ever written. It beautifully covers everything in your life that's been going on. I love it!

tharker said...

I really want to see Wicked. I think it's coming to Portland next Spring. I. Want. To. Go.

I bought the book recently, but returned it after only 15 pages. It was kind of shocking to me. I've heard that the play is so much better.

I kind of want to see a picture of Claire flailing like a fish, so now that you have your camera back can you get to work on that?

Spencer is counting the days until November by the way. You can pass that on to Cody ;)

Shells said...

One day I'd like to see this play. I hear it is great, although I didn't get very far into the book. It was aweful.

Elise said...

Yea for wicked! We're going tomorrow night!

~Amber jo~ said...

how was wicked? I hear that is an awsome play. We (mom,dad,and I) are going to see it in about 2 weeks while we are visiting landon and erica. I am so excited. that was one of my 'to do' before i died! yahoo!

Laurie said...

I love Wicked. I still can't decide if I would be Elphaba or Galinda when broadway calls one day and begs me to come onstage in the part of my choice. It doesn't matter, I know both their songs, so I am covered. Okay...I would really want to be Elphaba. Just so I could sing Defying Gravity and As Long as You're Mine.

Shauna said...

I love you blog! Thanks for sharing :)