Friday, October 03, 2008

Happy Birthday to She

Today is my blogs birthday. She is two years old today. She still can't walk, or feed herself, or appreciate the necessity of white space, but we are proud of her fine use of words that she doesn't quite know the meaning of mingled with the occasional swear word. We have had a good time with her, thus far.

Does it scare you that I refer to my blog as if it is a person? And that I am celebrating her birthday? Or does it just annoy you that I am coming up with more ways to celebrate mediocrity? (name that movie)

So in order to celebrate this so-called 'birthday', I am throwing a month long (that's right, I said MONTH long) birthday bash for her. We'll be playing bobbing for apples, pin the country scrapbook paper to the template, spin the bottle, and hopefully I can get a couple people leaving the party in tears. Oh, and there will be giveaways. I realize that you guys should technically be sending my blog gifts (c/o my address) since it's her birthday, but being how generous both she and I are, we will be giving gifts to you, the ones who really make the blog real (because it's kind of like the tree falling in the forest thing, if you write a blog that no one reads, is it really a blog?).

I know. Me and my blog are deep. And philanthropists. And big fans of using parentheses. Who knew?


And a Big PS: Congratulations to my sister Monica, the proud new mama to baby girl Vanessa or Gabriella (I haven't heard a final name yet!). We are so excited to see pictures of the girl who may or may not have a name yet!

16 comments:

tharker said...

The Incredibles!! (that's the movie)

Happy Birthday little blog! You're so witty and funny. I love your storytelling talents. You truly bring out the best in Brooklet...or is it the other way around???

Anyway, I love you (and Brooklet) and am so happy that you have been a part of my daily life for the last two years. (I also love parentheses) Thanks for the laughs. LYLAS!

Bring on the giveaways! (cuz I'm greedy like that)

Oh yeah, Monica's baby has a name. Gabriella Ester. Isn't that pretty? Congrats Monica and family!!!

Gabrielle said...

How about as Sue's birthday present to us, she give us a few extra posts, just to brighten our days? Just little ones. It doesn't take much to make me happy. :-)

Heather said...

Yay, happy birthday blog and Gabriella.

~Amber jo~ said...

I didn't know monica had her baby! that is so exciting. That is one thing i love about blogs, i'm in the know! happy birthday brooklet. It has been way fun getting to know you. you are so funny. keep on postin' it is awsome.

Gina said...

Yay! Can't wait for the month long big bash! Happy Birthday "She".

Jana said...

You are too funny. Happy birthday little blog that I love to read, but needs more updates. :)

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Blog! Hope the next year is filled with just as much good reading.

PRP said...

This post is exactly why I LOVE your blog. It's perfection.

Happy birthday old girl!

libby said...

Brooke, Do you know Gabrielle Turner?? Did you know she's my cousin?! Maybe she's a brooklet reader through my blog, but if not, then we have a random connection, and I love random connections. :)

Happy birthday to Brooklet. She's quite the blog. I think she deserves cake that should be shared with the rest of us. :)

Carrie said...

I can't believe Brooklet's been around for two years! It seriously seems like it was too long ago that you unveiled your blog for us all to read. I love reading about your life, Brooke. You are so talented, and I love that I still "know" you, even though I haven't seen you for years. Happy birthday, Brooklet!

Shells said...

About 2.5 years ago, I asked Tom, "What's a blog?" When he told me, I thought, "you mean people actually tell the world stuff about themselves? Isn't that rather weird?" hahahaha

Who would have thought that just a few short months after that conversation, I would be addicted to blogging, relishing my sisters' everyword on their blogs, begging for more, constantly leaving comments that say "Okay Brooke, it's been a week, time for a new post."

Anonymous said...

does that mean you'll be doing giveaways for a whole month?! I'd love to win some brooke creations. Maybe as a prize you could write a post for my blog and let me pretend I wrote it (no one would believe me though).

Laurie said...

I am so glad you blog. Thanks for all the laughs.

Michele said...

The question on everyone's mind is...is "she" toilet trained? Love your blog Brook and I wish her a happy happy birthday!

Rachel said...

incredibles?? that took me way too long so I better be right.
happy birthday blog, you light up my life!

The Karrens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.