Friday, September 07, 2007

Ode to Me Mudder

I have been meaning to post this for a while. Of course, the darling baby is Morgan, but the darling quilt upon which she is lounging on was made by my dear mother. It is so darn cute- the colors and print go so perfect together- and I think its so Morgan. But as always, the thing that really makes a quilt is the quilting which my mom did and it is so cute- see how in the white squares there is a flower quilted. Its those little details that make this quilt so charming and perfect. Thank you to my endlessly talented mom-her quilts never cease to amaze and inspire me.

Not only did my mom make Morgan a quilt, she came here to the PA for a week to help me after Morgan was born. I was a little worried about having my mom here, just because of all the inconvenience it would be for her. First off, she isn't a fan of flying- she has never really been east of Salt Lake City! So to fly across the country was a pretty big deal for her. Second, once she got here, she had to share a room with a pretty temperamental three year old! And the final kicker is how hot and humid it was the week she was here- and we have very, very sub-par air conditioning here. So she suffered in the heat, even cooking meals and yummy treats all week in the heat without complaining at all. She was amazing- she helped out with Claire during a difficult time for Claire- and that alone deserves a medal! She kept the house clean, made Claire feel like a princess, made delicious food, and kept me company during the pretty difficult days after having a baby. I love my mom. My whole life she has been making sacrifices for me and I will always, always know without a doubt that she loves being my mom and loves being a grandma!


When we dropped my mom off at the airport to go home, Claire had fallen asleep, so she wasn't able to say goodbye. When Claire woke up on our way home, she asked me where Grandma was and it nearly broke my heart! I told her she was on the airplane going home, and Claire got the saddest face and started to cry that she wanted to go to Grandma's house. It made me cry. We had that much fun with grandma! Again, thank you so much mom!
(We took Grandma up to a view point to look out over the city.)

13 comments:

Heather said...

What a great tribute. Yay Wileen (I dont know if that is spelled right, but whatever.)

tharker said...

I'm tearing up here too Brooke! Wileen is THE BEST Grandma ever! Aren't our kids so lucky to have her?

That quilt is so beautiful. As always, she did a great job! I'm so glad that she was able to come and stay with you. She's the best.

Oh and that darling little baby is to die for!!!! I want to hold her and kiss her!!!!

tharker said...

By the way...I recognize Morgan's outfit. It looks super cute on her!

Brooklet said...

I thought you might like that, tiffani!

Jana said...

That is so sweet. And I love the quilt. If only I were domestic. :) Your mom sounds wonderful and so helpful. What would we do without our moms? I don't think I wold have made it through having my kids without her!

Shells said...

Mom, if you are reading this, I'd like to put an order in for a quilt just like Morgan's -- I love it. And baby stork, if you're reading this, I'd like to put in an order for a cute baby girl just like Morgan -- so adorable. And weight watcher goddess, if you are reading this, I'd like to look just as good as Brooke does after having a baby -- awesome!!!!

Rachel said...

I love the quilt! I need a mom like that. your baby is adorable. That was such a cute message to your mom. does she read your blog??

Brooklet said...

Shells, are you all moved in? How did everything go?

And yes, Rachel, my mom does read my blog, she just never comments!

Shells said...

No, Brooke, we are not moved in yet. We are moved out of California and are in AZ with Tom's parents awaiting the arrival of our belongings from the moving company. Hopefully our stuff will come soon.

Liz said...

Cute quilt. Awesome Grandma! And what's this about Michelle moving to AZ? Is the lush, green, gorgeous paradise of California losing yet another citizen to dry, dusty, colorless, hot Arizona??? How can this be??!! :) j/k! Dan's parents, two sisters, and Aunt also moved from Orange County to Arizona. It must be a mass migration. I'm glad I missed the memo. :)

Libby said...

Love the quilt! Aren't moms the BEST! By the way, Morgan is adorable.

Monica said...

I agree with all Brooke said. We really do have the best mom. And I love that quilt. Dang it Brooke, you have made out with some pretty fine quilts. But of course I love all the quilts that she has made for my kiddos too. What talent!! Love you mom!

Amy said...

The quilt is beautiful! I want to order one for my next baby, ok?