Friday, August 31, 2007

A Series of Fortunate Events

Okay, here is my story and I am sticking to it. I apologize in advance for the detailed delivery story, but being that this is my main journal at the time, I think it only responsible for me to start the bragging and be thorough for my posterity's sake.

So I was scheduled to be induced on the morning of Friday, August 17. My body seemed to know that I was feeling a bit apprehensive about being induced, so it kindly decided to start labor that morning for my sake. As I got up that morning to shower and get ready for the hospital, I started to feel real contractions, a couple an hour- nothing to intense. As we drove to the hospital, we of course went through the McDonald's drive-thru for breakfast for Cody and Claire. There was some hold up and we were waiting for a long time, and I was having more frequent contractions. Cody and I laughed as we were waiting, because I told him to yell out the window to the car in front of us to hurry up because his wife was in labor. For some reason, it was pretty funny at the time. Anyhoot, sorry for that tangent.

By the time I got to the hospital I was having contractions sporadically and by the time they hooked me up to everything and strapped me down, I was dilated to a 6. The nurse joked that this was the easiest induction she had ever been to. So they decided to hook me up to the epidural (which was perfection) and by this time I was at a 7, all before the doctor got there. So after the Dr arrived, she broke my water and started me on a little patocin and an hour and a half later, baby Morgan joined our family. It wasn't too bad as far as delivery goes- a little bit of natural labor, a little bit of induction, and a beautiful little girl in the end.

It has now been two weeks since she was born and I feel like we are doing okay. Morgan has good nights and bad nights, Claire has good days and bad days, and Cody has been delightfully helpful through it all. Slowly but surely we are starting to get back to our regular scheduled programming called life.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

what? no blood and guts? thanks for the "whole" story. Morgan is beautiful. I love babies eyes when they are seeing the words for the first time. there is no sweeter moment than that. She's such a sweet girl. Does she look like Claire did? I didnt know her as a baby but to me they sort of look alike. What do I know?

Liz said...

She has such chubby cheeks! We love chubby cheeks! :) Well, sounds like a nice, relaxed delivery. Awesome! I love the McDonald's tangent. You were in labor at McDonald's. Funny. Great story for the posterity. I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. Well, as normal as things can be with a new adjustment in your life anyway. :) Love ya!

::lindsay said...

I always like hearing people's delivery stories. I'm glad that everything went smoothly. Hearing stories lately is making me nervous though. I just don't want to do it again. It's a little too late though!

Carrie said...

Wow! That sounds perfect! I'm glad your body decided to cooperate by starting things up before the induction.

Did Claire go to the hospital with you guys? If she did, what did she think of it?

Jessica said...

how is it that you look so amazing at 9 months pregnant, even with your second one! you are awesome, and thanks for the pics.

Shells said...

I'm in the same boat as Lindsay. Hearing stories or remembering my labor story with Mikey is making me nervous with this one -- but it's a little too late for that. I'm glad everything went so well, especially after you sounded a bit stressed out about having to be induced.

tharker said...

Lemony Snickets! You have the most beautiful little girl!!!

I'm so glad you shared your birth story. I think it would have been funny to yell in the Mickey'D's drive through. Definitely would add a little more color to your already colorful story. I love hearing about L&D. I was coaching you in my head all morning Brookelet, and you did amazing!!!

I love Morgan's cheeks. I don't remember Claire having such chubbers. I cannot wait to meet Morgan. Are you thinking about coming home for Christmas/Hannah's baptism?????

Jana said...

She is just so cute. I want to hold her!!!! This week, if you are feeling up to it we will get together and catch up. And then Claire can have some fun playing with friends.

Monica said...

Yeah, that sounds like an ideal labor and delivery story. Except for the whole waiting at McDonalds thing, that's always lame. Congratulations. Gosh, she will probably be a year old before any of us get to see her in person. Make sure you take plenty of pictures and post them, please.

Jana said...

I don't get the 39 presidents thing. Can you please break it down for me? Why do you have to be so smrt all the time?! HAHA! Seriously, I don't get it. :) And it was super fun having you come over. Let me know when you are up for it again. I am always ready to go! Morgan is a doll. Oh so cute!

Brooklet said...

The title of Libby's post was- we're walking, we're walking, we're stopping. . . it is a line from DAVE that my family says all the time- the next line is "39 presidents have lived in the white house. . . I don't know if thats where libby got her line, but I couldn't resist.