Thursday, August 16, 2007

Soon

So I am having a baby tomorrow. It feels weird to me. I am the type of person that goes to extra lengths to ensure that I am surprised on Christmas day. I like surprises. So I am just having a teensy bit of hesitation about being induced tomorrow. I feel pretty optimistic that it will go well, since my body is pretty ready to have the baby anyways, but I feel a bit of, dare I say shame, for being induced. It's purely for convenience- the doctor is worried that I won't make it to the hospital in time to have the baby if I go on my own. But I really do only live 20 minutes away from the hospital. My big concern is just making it to the hospital in time for an epidural- an essential part of delivery for me. I guess my biggest worry with being induced is that somehow I won't be proud about my story- no midnight labor, no bracing through contractions at home, no rush to the hospital. Instead, I am going to go sit in a bed, get hooked up to who knows what, and wait for the pain to start. It seems a bit anti-climatic. (I do realize that I sound completely stupid, but when has that ever stopped my from speaking my feelings!)

But the best thing about knowing I am having a baby tomorrow, is knowing that I will be holding my baby tomorrow! I am so excited to see her, to hold her, to cuddle with her. Soon.

12 comments:

tharker said...

Brooke don't feel stupid for your feelings and concerns because they are just that...YOUR'S! No matter what way this little girl is brought into the world of course you will feel proud of it all. She will be healthy and beautiful and straight from heaven. That's all that really matters anyway right?

I cannot wait to hear from you announcing the birth of little baby girl Nelson tomorrow. We love you and hope everything goes well for you and Cody!

Waiting on pins and needles...

Jessica said...

We are so excited for you guys. Everything will work out just fine. It will be a precious moment when you finally see her! (We hope it ends up being a her! Claire hand-me-downs...Claire hand-me-downs!) Can't wait to hear the news...

Heather said...

Good luck!!

Monica said...

Well, it's 10:47 in your time zone. I was betting that you would deliver by 11:00. I guess we will know in 13 minutes or so. Good luck and enjoy your brand new baby girl, who I really hope will have a name before the day is over. It really takes so much more effort to type "baby girl" than it does to type "Lily" or "Morgan" or something else.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Congratulations Brooke! I am so happy for you and can not wait to see her!!! Claire's going to love having a real baby of her own. I love it!!

Rachel said...

now it looks like I said something bad. i only deleted it because I posted the same thing twice. great now I have three comments. this is so embarassing...

Shells said...

Good luck, remember, I said that baby will be born at 1:00 p.m.

PRP said...

We're all rooting for you! And as the mom of three induced babies, believe me, you will feel the pride. I'm sure it's not as fun a the other way, but none of it will matter once you see her gorgeous face! Can't wait for the details!

Liz said...

Oooo! And I can't wait to see pictures! :) Everything will go just great, I'm sure. Love you.

Monica said...

For those of you who don't know, Brooke had her baby on Aug. 17 @ 9:57 am. Baby Morgan weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. Brooke said she went into labor on her own. We are so excited for you Brooke. We can't wait to see pictures and to hear how it all went down.

Wendi said...

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing pictures of Morgan!