Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Shower for a Baby

Last night, a couple of my good friends and I got together to celebrate our baby #2. It was just a small gathering of my close friends and we had dinner, stayed up late talking on the patio, and had a good ol' time. I got some cute little outfits for baby Morgan/ Lily/?, a bath tub, and a really, really cute blanket that my friend, Kate, made for me. I am posting a pic because I want you to see how really cute it is and how much my style it is. She did a great job and I was really touched by how much time and thought she put into it.
PS- I have to tell a funny story that happened at the shower. We were sitting on the patio at my friends house, where she has a sliding door with a sliding screen. One of my friends, Melanie, (you may remember her from the New York post) had gone back into the house to get a drink or something. It was dusky outside, so getting pretty dark, and when she comes to walk back out, she didn't realize the screen door was shut and she walked right into it!!! It came popping out. We all just died!!!! Oh, maybe you had to be there, but I am still laughing as I visualize the entire screen door popping out of its frame!! Oh, good times.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Cute blanket. I'm jealous of creative people. :) And I'm especially jealous of you people with sewing, crocheting, knitting, and quilting capabilities!

Shells said...

Love, Love, Loooooove, the quilt. Did she quilt it herself? That is my favorite part about it, the quilting. I also loved the bow-tie shirt. So dang cute.

Brooklet said...

She sent it out for the quilting. And I agree, I think the quilting just makes the quilt!

Monica said...

Love the quilt! I also really like the name Lily, especially since it is kind of a family name. I just love how well it goes with Claire. "Claire and Lily, come get ready for lunch." See how well it works?

Brooklet said...

Thanks for commenting, Monica- sorry for forcing you, but I don't feel a post is complete until you comment!

I like Lily too, but Cody said he isn't feeling it anymore. So we shall see. I literally think the baby will be here before we truly decide on a name.