Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

I love Cody for so many reasons. He is truly my best friend and there is no one else I would rather spend time with. He makes me laugh, he make me think, and he always inspires me with how passionate he is about everything. He jumps into things full hearted, with the energy and enthusiasm of a child! But one of his greatest traits and one of things I love most about him is how much he loves and adores Claire. They are best of friends- he is always, always playing with her, getting her to laugh harder than anyone else can, and he tells me at least a dozen times a day, every day, how much he loves her. He has helped out with Claire (i.e. diapers, baths, bedtime, etc) since the moment she was born. In fact, before she was born, Cody would wake up in the morning and sing "In the Leafy Treetops" to my belly. I watch him when he is with Claire and I can see how much he enjoys being with her and the happiness he gets as she enjoys the world around her. He is a great dad and a great husband!
Happy Father's Day, Cody.
I love you.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff- I just have to include these two little tidbits. At church, Claire was in the foyer, dancing around in circles because she thinks she is a ballerina, and she accidentally stepped down the stairs. I watched in horror as she tumbled down the stairs, head over heels. Cody immediately jumped up and grabbed her up, as I started to tear up. I was so, so, scared watching her, in what seemed like slow motion, tumble down. Though she screamed like a banshee, she was all right, just a bit scared and bumped up- we were lucky!

And this picture is for Monica. She helped me come up with the idea, and here is the finished product of what we did today for primary for father's day. You turn it over and you can open up the back of the shirt and there is a little poem. The kids had fun with the project, I think. I thought they turned out pretty cute.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Okay, I just have to say that I'm so glad Cody is wearing sunglasses. (Not because my husband is an op student, though, but way to go Cody for protecting your eyes!) In just about every picture we have of Brian, he's wearing sunglasses, and it's so hard to scrapbook and stuff because he has no eyes!

But I'm glad that my husband isn't the only one who has pics of him in sunglasses.

Carrie said...

And now onto better things:

I'm so glad that Claire is okay after her tumble down the stairs. That must have been so scary!

I love the blanket! Is there crocheted squares on it? It's beautiful!

Brooklet said...

Yes, Cody almost always has those sun glasses on!

And No, its not crochet, its that material that has a bit of shag on it(almost reminiscent of a towel)- I am sure it has a name, I just don't know it.

tharker said...

I loved your post to Cody. One of my favorite things about Cody has always been his passion for what he believes in. I love that you never have to wonder where Cody stands on something, he puts it all out there. I admire that! Now onto fatherhood. It suits him so well. He is so wonderful with Claire, some of my favorite moments from when you guys lived here was watching Cody sit in our recliner with baby Claire snuggled against him while his hands were busy playing Halo! He loves that little girl. It is so obvious what a great dad he is. Okay, mushy stuff over on my end too.

I lovvvve that blanket. Especially the polka dots! It's so very Morgan/Lily ish!

Liz said...

Cody is a lucky man to have such a loving wife. And, from what you've posted, you're a lucky lady, too! :) Glad Claire's okay. I can't watch Soren go down stairs because I would probably die if I saw him fall. Hey, Soren's nursery made some cute little shirts with ties today that they attached to "Dad's" root beer cans with a Koolaid packet as well. The note on the inside of the "shirt" said. You're the Koolest Dad around (or something like that). I thought it was clever. :) I like the M&M's bow tie.

tharker said...

I love this picture of Claire. She is so beautiful and grown up. I'm counting down the days now until July!!!!

Your shirts turned out super cute too!

Heather said...

Love the blanket, the shirt so cute, and I'm glad there are no broken bones for Claire.

Monica said...

First of all, one of my favorite things about Cody is how he interacts with babies (and kids). I remember when my kids were babies, he would always want to hold them in a special way and kind of bounce them and pat their bums. I always knew he would be a great dad.

Secondly, love the shirt and tie. I just love how you gave me a bit of credit for it, even though I really didn't come up with it.

Brooklet said...

Finally, I have been waiting you to comment for weeks monica- since I dedicated part of my post to you! Its good to have you back!