Thursday, April 12, 2007

Year of the three-year-old!



Though Claire has been telling people for months now that she is three, she didn't actually turn 3 until today. We had a birthday party for her with some of her friends and, boy, was that crazy. There were nine kids here, all under the age of 3. We had giggles, melt downs, and poopy diapers and most of that was from Claire! She had a bit of a hard time following instructions of the games, taking turns, and sharing her new gifts! But she (and everyone else) made it through all right and I think everyone had a good time.


It was an under the sea theme, so we played a bean bag toss game (the bean bags were fish, the box was a shark), Pin the leg on the Octypus, and a fishing game. The shark toss was the highlight for the kids, I think.
The cake was the highlight for me. I had a lot of fun making it last night. Cody watched me make it and kept asking, "Is it worth it?" Of course! I liked the way it turned out, though next time I might skip the fish on the top (it looks crazy, like it's strung out).

Claire loved all of her gifts! She had a hard time leaving one gift behind to open another. Her favorites were probably a Polly Pocket that she got and a Ponyville house (its the minature my little ponies). But being the gracious guest of honor, she really did enjoy everything that she got.

Currently she is down snuggling with Cody- she fell asleep in his arms because she was so tuckered out from playing and screaming (which she did plenty of at the party). She is so excited to be three, to choose which clothes to wear, to be a little mom to every doll and every kid she sees. She is so darn silly and funny and she keeps us laughing every day. We love her sooooooooo much!




(Mom, consoling a distraught three year old!)

8 comments:

Monica said...

What an awesome, awesome cake! And yes, it was totally worth it. What did you use to make the fish cake, a bowl? It looks fantastic. And did you use Starbusts for the fins and lips? I love them. The sea weed looks great, and I totally love that the goldfish have bubbles coming out of them. Excellent job. I bet Claire had a great party. I am trying to convince Samantha to let me copy all of your ideas, but she wants Barbie, again. So well shall see.

Happy Birthday Claire! We love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you again this summer!

Shells said...

Happy Birthday Claire. I agree, the cake looks wonderful. And I would say the cake was so worth it, as long as someone other than myself was making it. :) You are very talented (and so are you Monica, you make awesome cakes).

And, I thought you were supposed to be pregnant??? Where's the baby fat? Where's the belly?

Brooklet said...

You can't see the rolls of fat on my belly!! There were some other pics that showed my behind- notice how those didn't make the cut onto the blog!!

Monica, have you tried the angle of throwing an Ariel party? Then you could do under the sea and she gets her princess party.

Monica said...

Interesting thought, Brooke. Very strategic. Hmmmm....

PRP said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!

The cake looks awesome. I made a similar one for Hannah's Nemo party a few years ago and they are quite similar. I love making my kids' cakes too. So much fun!

Unknown said...

Lovely photos...and looks like it was a great party...and well for some more goodies o drop by my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime and check out all that i've posted there...i'm sure you'll enjoy your visit!!!

tharker said...

Sorry I missed Claire's big day. The cake looks amazing! I'm so glad Claire had a fun birthday. And I'm with Shells, where's the beef? ie..baby fat!

Liz said...

Love the pictures, Brooke! And I think you look great. The cake is amazing and so are your awesome ideas for birthday games. I never do games. For Agle birthdays, kids come, kids eat, moms talk, presents, cake, people leave. :) And for Soren's 2 year birthday, I didn't even make a cake and there was no party. How's that for terrible! But I don't think he cared since he got a basket full of cars to unwrap. We'll do better this year. :) Love your updates!