Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Claire

We had a good Easter, even though it snowed the whole weekend (that is not a complaint, just a fact)! On Saturday we went to a birthday party for one of Claire's friends, which also doubled as an Easter Egg hunt- indoors, of course. This year Claire really caught onto the concept of finding eggs, because she knew there was candy in them. She is definitely a child of mine. Claire did have a hard concept with the idea of giving a birthday gift. She was all excited to wrap up a gift for her friend and take it too her, but as soon as we got there, Claire thought that she was the one who was going to open it, right there, right then. I told her no, threatened her with her life, yada, yada, and as soon as I turned my back, she had torn the wrapping paper off. What a turkey! But Claire's turn is coming up soon. Her birthday is this week. I don't know where three years has gone, but we have sure had a good time with her. She says the funniest thing, even when she is in the midsts of a terrible tantrum. Cody and I have to cover our mouths so as not to let on that we are laughing.


Here's a picture of our little Easter Claire. We sure do think she's pretty.

(Oh, and she was so excited about her shoes. She showed everyone at church who would listen "Look at my pretty ballerina shoes".) Vanity runs deep in our family!

4 comments:

Monica said...

She looks so beautiful. You know, she is really starting to look more and more like you. In the picture of her modeling the towel from the other post, she looked like mini-Brooke.

tharker said...

Claire is one beautiful little girl. And don't worry, Claire won't be an Indian Giver for long. : ) I can't believe that she is 3 already. It seems like Monica and I just brought ALL of our children to your apartment to visit you and your sweet newborn baby girl. Where does the time go?

Shells said...

This picture is definately my favorite. Claire is so beautiful and she looks so grown up. I can't believe she is going to be three. Time does fly by, doesn't it.

Liz said...

Brooklyn! You should just start calling Claire, "mini-me." She is just that, a miniature you. Crazy! (I mean that in a good way)She's adorable, though, and not vain, just fashion-forward. I love your posts, by the way, they are great!