Sunday, April 01, 2007

And the Pulitzer goes to. .

Tonight I have been reviewing every one's past blogs, all the way to the beginning. It has been fun to see the blogs that I have completely forgotten about and it always amazes me how fast time is flying. So I thought I would share with you my top pick of posts from a few of the blogs that I read.

Some of my favorite posts to read are when kids say absolutely funny things! So a couple of those posts that I love and that make me laugh every time I read them are as follows (drum roll, please):

% Tiffani's, or Tharker as she is better known, "Never Trust A Five Year Old" September 27, 2006, is a sweeping drama of a family torn apart by vicious lies and lingering rumors; Rumors which happen to be extremely clever and well thought out.

% Monica's "It Doesn't Hurt, I promise" October 25, 2006, is a tale of struggle, violence, and down right hypocrisy that I personally love from a four year old. Monica takes us into the nurses office with her haunting narratives ("totally freaking out") and character development (I can't believe what that lady just did to Samampa").

And speaking of character development, there is one post in particular that I feels captures the essence of character development, as that's all it is-- characters developing:

% Shell's "A Day at Disneyland" December 21, 2006, is the best family fun adventure post of the year. It contains spot on depiction's of the angst of the frugal and anti-corporate father, the wonder of the beautiful and unassuming mother, and the delight of the babbling grandson. The post is extremely witty and fun, especially when you know the people involved.

And finally, my absolute favorite things about blogs are the honest posts. The post where you tell way to much about your personal life- so much, in fact, that you experience some trepidation mingled with excitement as you hit the publish button. Here are a couple of post that are fresh, honest, and very funny:

% Carrie's "Nobody's Perfect" January 21, 2007, is an action packed crime drama that deals with the pressure's of a suburban housewife who balances her life with baking blackberry pies whilst stealing hangers from Fred Meyers. This post just goes to show you that you cannot judge a post by its template.

% Karen's, aka Puerto Rican Princess, "Star Wars, Episode 7" August 31, 2006 is a literary masterpiece highlighting the most romantic and sacred parts of a marital relationship. It truly is an amazing journey as we follow the author through a desperate night full of hard aches, loss, and ultimately, rekindled love.

That is my list of the incredible delights and hidden talents that I have found while reading your blogs (because, frankly, before you all had blogs, I didn't know you were so creative in the whole writing department!). If I cared just a little bit more I would have made links to all these posts, but I fall just short of that level of commitment. Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

tharker said...

It's an honor just to be nominated!

You like me! You really, really like me!

tharker said...

I would like to thank the Academy. Oh and I should mention all the little people too...

Brooke you are a fabulous writer. Loved the synopsis of each blog.

Brooklet said...

Holy Crap that was a fast response, Tiff!

Carrie said...

What a fun idea, Brooke! (and I made it in!) I can't wait to check out the other posts mentioned!

Monica said...

Love the list. What a fun idea. As I read the descriptions of the blogs (which were true Brooke comedy and charm), I couldn't help but hear it in my head as the voice of the movie preview guy.

I think we need to go back through your blogs and pick our favorites...

Shells said...

Tiffani stole all of the good lines. Hummmmmmph. Very creative post Brooke. You made me feel good about my blog (I'm constantly agonizing over my written posts).

PRP said...

You made my whole night!!! I'm glad you got a chuckle out of the Star Wars post. You know me, all about the funny.

I love your style of writing. Keep it coming!