Wednesday, February 21, 2007



I just finished reading These is My Words by Nancy Turner. I got it from the library, read until 2 in the morning and then finished the next day by noon. I liked it that much I couldn't put it down. It is the diary of a women settler in the Arizona Territories in the late 1800's. It is a interesting look at the hard and wild times there and the joys of family. But the spirit of the book lies in the great love story it tells. When you finish reading it, you can't help but love your husband a little more. It reminds you of the joy and importance of love. Oh, I really liked it. I hope you read it and love it, too.

4 comments:

Johnsons said...

Thanks! I'm on jury duty and have already read all of my books; I was looking for another one!

Carrie said...

I'll see if it's in the library today when Ethan and I go while Alyssa is at Preschool. I love those kinds of love stories!

Have you ever gotten a little upset with your husband, just because the guy in a book you're reading is being a jerk? I have!

Shells said...

Our library doesn't have it, so I have to buy it. None of the bookestores have it, so I ordered it a few days ago. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival.

And coincidentally, I received a letter yesterday saying that I'm on jury duty starting May 1st. I'm actually excited to be on a jury, but I doubt I'll actually serve on a jury. Attorneys don't like other attorneys on their juries and usually kick them off (I can't remember the legal term for that).

Monica said...

I just ordered this book. Thanks for the recommendation.