Monday, January 01, 2007

A Reason to Come Visit

Well, finally the holidays are over. I think I am ready for it this year. I have been sick almost all of vacation with the stomach flu and now I think I have a sinus infection. Apparently I haven't been very good this year, because I would describe being sick all of Christmas akin to getting lump in your stocking. Maybe Santa read my 'Wiping up the Mud' posting. Oh well, there's always next year. . .

In between my sickness though, we were able to go to the children's museum here in Pittsburgh- hands down the coolest children's museum I have ever been to. We could have stayed there for hours with so many things for Claire to do. Every time I go, I think of my nieces and nephews that would love it; they would just have a ball. But I really doubt anyone of them will come visit us. When I suggest they come visit, they always ask, 'is it close to New York City?'- like visiting me isn't enough of a draw!! So I have decided a new tactic- I am going to post pictures of Claire at the Children's museum, and then you will all be dying to bring your kids here. Who cares about Disney Land- come visit Pittsburgh, PA!!
Yes, that is the trolley from Mr. Rodgers Neighbor-hood. It is a little known fact that Mr Rodgers was in fact from Pittsburgh- many of the attractions that they visited in the show are here in Pittsburgh. At the Children's Museum they have a whole area set up as Mr Rodgers' Neighborhood. And if that is not enough for you, read on. . .


This is really cool- a whole network of planks that you can keep climbing up and up until you are on the second floor. Claire had a good time. Still not convinced. . . Okay how about this:
Claire is in a mini cooper in the automotive section- it has all these cool things for kids, probably a little more interesting for kids older than her, but she still had a good time. . .


Here is Claire's favorite part of the museum- the art room. Claire loves to paint, but they also have sculpting, paper making, silk screening, and chalk art. Sooooo cool. Not to mention that the smocks are too cute.
OH, this pictures speaks for itself- how freakin' cute is that. This floor is the water floor, where they just get to play with water in all sorts of ways and they get to wear a rain coat and rain boots.

So even if none of this really appeals to you, then I make my final plea for you to come visit- to see the cutie in the raincoat in real life. Believe me she is worth the visit. She sings, and dances, and gives you hugs. What more could you ask for. . . .

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

tharker said...

That cutie in the raincoat is definitely worth a trip! You'll be there for 2 more years right? Maybe we will get out there. I can't guarantee that Spencer will go to the Childrens' Museum when there's all that great fishing... And I won't even ask how close New York is! Love the pictures. I can't wait to see Claire again. Jake has been asking about her lately, it will be fun to have them all together again...all 9 of them!

Shells said...

I don't know Brooke, Disneyland is pretty magical. I think you should come out and visit us and we'll all go. Since I know that probably won't happen, maybe we should stick to meeting up at Mom and Dad's house a couple of times a year. They have plenty of room for all of us.

And Claire sure is dang cute.

The New Harkers said...

Well Brooke since you are asking, Elizabeth and I were planning on taking a trip out there this next summer. We have a deal on some plane tickets and were trying to figure out were to go, and we decided to head out there this summer, when i cant be sure we are waiting to see when everyone is getting together to go camping i think i heard. Sadly we dont have any kids to take to the kids place but hey, Elizabeths counts as a kid. Later.

Brooklet said...

don't come July2-16 because we will be in utah and wa! We just booked our free skymiles tickets- Cody gets to go first class! I have to wait to book Claire and mine because they are really pricy right now--yikes!! I think they will go down in price.

And I would like to make it down to CA sometime before you move, shells. We will just have to see when.

Monica said...

I would love to come visit you sometime, and not just because that Childrens museum looks Totally Awesome!! I am glad that your inlaws live close to me, so at least you will still come here to see them (and me too).

Brooklet said...

Wendi- I would just be tickled- Claire and Shannon would have so much fun together- or they would just fight, it could go either way with a two year old.

How exciting to be job searching, trying to decide where to move next!

tharker said...

Okay, can we get a new post please!