Friday, November 24, 2006

Some Big Buns

Just thought I would drop a note about our Thanks-giving weekend. After much drama on deciding where we should eat- we were invited to a couple of different places, and I stress way to much about hurting peoples feelings and worry about leaving anyone alone on Thanksgiving, etc, etc, etc. But all the stressing was for naught as Claire got sick and we ended up having it by ourselves at our home anyways. I actually really liked having it by ourselves. It was a very relaxing day and I had a lot of fun cooking our meal. I made ham instead of Turkey (since I don't really care for Turkey and I didn't want to prepare a big bird just for the three of us), I made some yummy butterhorn rolls (which really defines Thanksgiving for me), and some cheesy potatoes (Cody's favorite). For dessert, I made some Cinnamon rolls. Now I am going to spend a moment talking about the cinnamon rolls, because they were that good. I am going to spare you any excuses regarding my vanity, and just dive into the description of their gooey yumminess. They were gooey and yummy! The were hands down the best cinnamon rolls I have ever made. They may, just may, almost be as good as moms- I know that's practically blaspheme to say, but that is just how good they were.

So between the butterhorn rolls, and the cinnamon rolls, the biggest buns of the day happen to be my own. Its time to put my running shoes on and hit the hills once again.

4 comments:

tharker said...

Sounds like your buns were a "big" hit! Way to go! I don't know if you're like me but it makes me so happy when I bake something good! I feel like I'm really contributing something to the world, even if it is a few more inches around my muffin top!

Your mom made the BEST butterhorns that I have EVER had yesterday! They were huge, and soo good. So today for lunch I took one of these delicious gems and topped it with cream cheese, turkey and cranberries. So good!

Brooklet said...

mmmmmm, moms butterhorn rolls. . .

Monica said...

Will you please make me cinnamon rolls next time we are together. I am getting tired of just hearing about them -- I want to eat them too. Go Buns!!

Shells said...

I miss Mom's butterhorn rolls. I haven't had them in forever. I agree with Monica. Next time we get together, we need to have a cinnamon rolls bake off between Mom, Brooke, Tiff, and Monica. I'll be the judge and eat all of them.