Monday, June 06, 2011

On the Subject of Mohawks

Ever since Cody saw the Derrick kids with mohawks, he has dreamed about having a son, so he could one day shave a mohawk onto his head. Well, his dreams came true.


After the first time we cut Lukes locks, it grew back in curly and crazy. It just stuck straight up and was always a mess. But we kind of loved his crazy curls. However, they were getting outta control. So Cody took it into his own hands and shaved his mohawk, all while the girls and I were telling him to stop, telling him how mad we were that he was cutting Luke's hair!


So here's the damage. Cody is unbelievable proud.

Before:



After:


After After:



We left it in the short mohawk phase for a few days to my utter embarrassment. People were eyeing him everywhere I went. I felt I should make a disclaimer wherever I went: My husband did this; I had no say.


Plus, he fell onto the cement and skinned his face, right below his eye. So he looked really tough. My vanity was so ruffled that when I got asked by one of the nursery workers, "What happened to Luke?", I naturally assumed she was talking about his hair cut. So I went into a long schpeal disavowing all responsibility for it. She, of course, was talking about the big gash on his face, not his hair. Oh yeah.





I have sense done my responsibility as a parent and shaved his hair all one length. But I miss the curls.

11 comments:

tharker said...

The mohawk is so funny! I loved talking to you on Sykpe that day because I got to see an actual "before" and "after". So hilarious!!

Oh, and this last picture is SO Mr. T! I love that angry expression on his cute face. I cannot wait to see you guys in just two short months!!

P.S.
I think Luke is looking so much like Morgan these days.

Carrie said...

Those curls look so fun! I have to admit that cutting my boys' hair in a mohawk has never crossed my mind, or thankfully, Brian's mind. It is funny that he looks like a "tough guy" even with his sweet little face.

PRP said...

He's completely adorable regardless of the cut. Love it!

Kimo said...

I love the curly mohawk! I think it looks great!

Wendi said...

Love the 'hawk. He's an awesome little tough guy. Cameron wanted me to let him grow his hair to a faux hawk, but his hair would take a whole bottle of gel to make it stand up. From a practical standpoint, buzzed hair is a lot easier for boys in the summer. I don't know if you have too many ticks down there, but they are everywhere up here. A buzzed head is a lot easier to check.

Michele said...

I am not a fan of the "mohawks" but I must say Luke rocked it!

Shells said...

The entire thing cracks me up!

Y's creations said...

His expression in the last picture says, "back off, I'm eating"!

Jaymie said...

Loved your pictures! Luke looks so big I can't believe it. Can't wait to see you guys this summer.

Rachel said...

i love mohawks. My luke has had several. I think the shorty hawk looks awesome. you should have left it.

Cathy said...

Brooke,
Your blog is hilarious, I wish I was still in Alabama so we could visit! Hope you're having fun with the YW, I miss it!!!
Cathy