Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Break '11


My parents made their first voyage down south to visit my little family is the great state of Alabama. It was also Claire's spring break, so we made sure to have a nice mixture of going fun places and staying home, being lazy, eating food. All of it was fun.

Places we went:
:: Science Center {always a good time to be had by the kids}
:: Jim and Nick's BBQ- so good!
:: Botanical Gardens {may have forgotten to bring stoller, so it may have been a little miserable toting the wiggly Luke around}
::Newks- {also yummy, too bad my parents didn't think so}
:: A really bad Mexican Restaurant where a gnat came and landed on my disgusting enchilada. When the waitress came to ask if we were all done, my dad told her, "We'll, we are finished but the gnat is still eating." Good one, dad.
:: To the park to fly a kite
:: Costco {because it's just so fun there}

We seriously mostly hung out around the house, talking, baking, and eating! Grandma and Grandpa spent a lot of time with the grand kids, telling stories, reading books, going on walks. We had so much fun.

PS: I spent the weeks before my parents came, telling them how sweet Morgan is right now. So Morgan chose to act like a little stinker the whole week, especially to my mom. Apparently Morgan had a bone to pick with her, because she just gave her attitude all week. When we asked if she loved Grandpa, Morgan said, "yes". When we asked if she loved Grandma, she said "um, a little bit." When we dropped the grandparents at the airport, Morgan said goodbye to my dad, but when I told her to say goodbye to grandma, she said, "oh, no. I only say goodbye to one person." So Grandma didn't get a goodbye. The little stinker. As soon as we drove away from the airport, all I heard from Morgan was, "I'm sad. I miss Grandma."

PSS: Morgan sang Katy Perry's "Baby, You're a Firework" about a thousand times for my parents and anyone in hearing range.

{Dad only mentioned about 100 times that his grass is much greener than our grass}


{Morgan refused to scoot closer to Grandma. Seriously, what a stinker}

8 comments:

tharker said...

These are such great pictures of your parents. And Morgan...what a little turkey!

So glad you all had a good time!

Carrie said...

I love the bit about Morgan and your mom. Your dad probably felt pretty cool, though.

And the gnat still eating your enchilada...very funny.

Mike Harker said...

you just have to video morgan singing that song and post it so I can listen to it several times a day. If i had a cell phone i would probably make her tune my ringer or what ever. By the way i know why i was a big hit with the grandchildren and grandma wasn't.

Love grandpa

Amy said...

Ooo I love Jim n' Nick's!! I love when family comes to visit. Claire's hair is looking better, did you ever go have it fixed?

Anonymous said...

Your Dad's grass might be greener, and it is also a lot bigger than yours. ;)

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a good time accept for the gnat:) Funny how Morgan interacted with her Grandma. Maeryn did the same thing to my mom when she helped me with Asher. Then when she left Maeryn missed her. Kids, go fugure:)

Y's creations said...

Just for the record, I liked Newk's. Cody did a great job of picking restaurants and I absolutely loved the food. (Except for the Mexican Restaurant. The gnat was the clear winner there!) We loved our visit and it went way too fast!

Bethany said...

I miss you...even thou we don't see each other. Any whoot...have a good day.
ps=your daughter has some spunk.