Thursday, December 02, 2010

Lukesters


A couple of days before Thanksgiving, we celebrated Luke's first birthday in a big way (when I say 'in a big way' I mean I made him some cupcakes, iced with store brought frosting (gag) and chocolate sprinkles on top). I am starting to be much more realistic when it comes to birthday parties for my kids. This year it just had to be simple. Besides, Luke is a party, in and of himself.

He is so busy. He is constantly on the go, constantly chasing after me at home in hopes I will either feed him or hold him. But if I am holding him (such as at church) he just tries to get away from me. He loves to play on the stairs, loves to empty kitchen cabinets, loves to hug by butting his head into your chest. And he is constantly happy and thinks everything is funny. Well, except for the Big Foot toy at Target. It freaks him out and he cries so hard when he sees it. So I make sure we stop and look at it ever time we are there.





We love him so much- he's kinda got me wrapped around his finger. Such a sweet boy!

9 comments:

Shells said...

"It freaks him out and he cries so hard when he sees it. So I make sure we stop and look at it ever time we are there."

Perhaps, one of the funniest things you have written on this blog. You crack me up. Happy Birthday to Luke! He is a handsome little devil.

Y's creations said...

Yup, he sure is growing fast. Wish we weren't so far away. He is changing so much. I was hoping for a repeat of the birthday song by you and Cody.
Give the sweet little guy a hug.

Liz said...

He has such great eyes! What a cute, store-bought-icing-covered face! :D Happy Birthday to Luke!

Kimo said...

What a cutie pie!

Libby said...

just noticed your current read. missing the pgh?

tharker said...

Um. I love that little guy! Your description of him only makes me wish we lived closer.

I too love that you now make sure to take him near Big Foot every time you're at Target. You. are. a. stellar. mother. in. every. way. I love it!!

Amy said...

your little luke is such a cutie!

Michele said...

You are so funny Brook...I am glad he is following in his mother;s footsteps.

Laurie said...

What an adorable boy. Love the sparkly brown eyes.