Friday, December 17, 2010

The Key to Success

A successful night of gingerbread house making.


The key to success is to buy the kits where the house is already put together and all you have to do is add frosting and the candies provided. Oh, and to not be OCD if the girls put the candy on all crooked.


This particular kit was purchased before I had Luke, so the whole time we were putting it together, I kept telling the girls not to eat the candy, because it was old, old, and old and would upset their tummies. Yet, I still caught Claire eating the candy. Even threat of severe pain wasn't enough to deter her from eating candy (I don't know why, but I just thought about Michelle, here).

You may recognize Morgan's outfit as her Halloween costume. But they are actually pajamas, that she still thinks is a costume and she loves that she can wear them to bed. And during the day. They are her favorite things to wear. Best six bucks I have spent in a long time. She even insists on not turning on the bathroom light when she has to go potty, so that she can see her skeleton glow in the dark. Now that is dedication.


We had a lovely time. And we owe it all to pre-assembled gingerbread houses.

4 comments:

tharker said...

I'm with you. Those house kits are definitely the way to go! The girls house turned out cute!

Oh my goodness, I love Morgan's expressions SO much! And those jammies just add to the cuteness that is Morgan. I love that girl!

Claire is looking very grown up these days. I'm sad to say it, but I think she's officially lost her little girl look. She is just so beautiful! I love the picture in the last post of her. So pretty!

Katie B.C. said...

I think that we had a similar experience with the gingerbread house. We had a super old one from last year that never got made. Ariana still wanted to eat the candy, but use adults put it together ourselves- Ariana and Corban can't be trusted for putting it together at all- they just wanted to eat it the whole time!

5dollarFanatic said...

Your girls are as sweet as that gingerbread looks!! To answer your question about the Harry Potter series-I have wanted to wait until my oldest was old enough and read them together with her...now that she is-she hasn't much interest...working on it though and hopefully soon we can start our adventure together.

Shells said...

Should I be offended?