Sunday, October 31, 2010

Three Halloween Tricksters

"Three Halloween Tricksters are we:
My sister, my brother, and me."


We had a couple of different Halloween parties we went to this year. The first was a family party for Claire's first grade class, which included a haunted hayride, pumpkin cake-pops, face painting, and all of Claire's classmates running around in costumes, completely happy.

The second was our ward trunk or treat. The chili feast and trunk or treat were pretty run of the mill kind of stuff, but this ward also has a haunted forest. Completely awesome! The young men put it on and it is a full on haunted walk in the woods behind our church. It wasn't super scary to me (you know, since I am an adult) but it scared Morgan good, and Claire mildly, and I did see several teenagers and adults who came back after a couple of minutes, too afraid to continue forward. Pretty Awesome.

Anyways, we have too much candy in the house now and some whiny girls warn out from all the sugar and excitement of Halloween. And Luke. . . he just makes chubby look good.

12 comments:

Carrie said...

I love that you're quoting Jack Prelutsky. We're reading that book before we put the kids to bed, one last time before putting it away until next year.

Your kids look great! I love that Morgan is a pink skeleton!

Shells said...

Is that a real wart on Claire's eyebrow? It totally looks like it. And I love little Harry Potter. He gets more and more handsome with each picture that I see. I too love the pink skeleton.

Brooklet said...

no, not a wart, but a cyst that grew right there and now has to be surgically removed. Awesome. She has had it for about a month and is now really starting to get self-conscious about it. But I just thought it was fortunate that it went so well with her costume!!

tharker said...

I love it! Although I have to say, when I first read your poem and saw Morgan holding something with legs dangling...I wondered what in the world you had dressed Luke as...and what you did with his head? Yeah. I'm super bright.

The kids all look so good! And can I just say how much I adore Luke's cute toothy grin?

J-Leav said...

The baby harry potter is the best! Adorable children

Laurie said...

baby Harry Potter does make chub look good. They are adorable. Good work.

The Karrens said...

I love baby Potter! The girls are super cute too! In reply to your comment...I just went to their school and did it. Is that illegal? :) What are the chances my girls don't tell anyone at school...maybe I should have thought that through :)

Anonymous said...

I heart there costumes. Luke is pretty good at being Harry. He is getting so big. They are all adorable!

Liz said...

Oh my gosh! That picture is just TOO AWESOME! Love the double chin. Such a cute little Harry. Also, is that a witchy wart you applied to Claire's eyebrow or has she recently crashed and burned?

Liz said...

Oh, hey, disregard my question. I found the answer a few comments up. :D Read first, then write. Read first, then write. I'm trying to teach myself. :D

Rachel said...

I love the costumes... Harry Potter :) too cute

Y's creations said...

Your girls and Luke are so cute. Love the witch, and the pink skeleton.

Love the Harry Potter! He is growing so fast.

Now get ready for the sugar high of the Holidays, Halloween is just the warm up.