Friday, April 30, 2010

Who Stole the Cookie?

I am a little behind on things. It has been a very busy April. So let's start with Claire's birthday party.

She invited her friends from her Kindergarten class and these were the invitations:


If you couldn't guess, it was a mystery party where the kids were the detectives, trying to solve the crime of who stole the cookie from the cookie jar. It included a newspaper clipping, a tiny manila envelope with a tiny note inside that can only be read with the magnifying glass, inviting them to be detectives at Claire's party.

And most essential to the party were cookies and cookie jars. Instead of birthday cake, we had a cookie buffet.


Since they were detectives, I thought it only fitting that we use the mustache for the decorations at the party. I even cut out felt mustaches for the kids to put on, but the double sided tape wasn't working, so I had to bag that one. Darn, it would have been cute.


Here is the list of suspects. The kids had a piece of paper with all the suspects pictures on it and then they went through the house finding clues and secret messages that narrowed down the list of suspects until they discovered who the thief was.

Of course, it was Strawberry Shortcake.

It was really fun for Claire, stressful for me (because those kids are wild when they get together!), but really fun to put together. I think the detective, secret message party will be one that we will repeat in the future.



Of course, after the party, my girls had a fun time putting on the mustaches from the cookie buffet. They make for pretty cute detectives.

10 comments:

Kelsey said...

What a fun idea for a birthday party! I bet the kids had so much fun! You're so creative Brooke!

tharker said...

Two weeks later, Claire was still talking about her party and telling me how much she loved it. You're such a fun mom!

Love the 'stache pictures!

Cara said...

So cute! I may steal this idea! :)

Shells said...

Who me?
Yes, You!
Couldn't Be?
Then who?

Pitcherpost said...

ok that party was just genius! I especially love the invites. Please tell me what you are planning on doing for morgan's 3rd birthday so I can copy it. No one has to know. Oh and I need to know before July 14 :)

Elise said...

You are so clever! It is silly of me that I wish I could've gone??

Jana said...

You make me sick with all your cleverness. Your kids are lucky to have a mommy like you. I just go to target and buy the themed party crap. You out do us all!!!!!

Debi said...

Seriously, I need to read your blog more often. Are you related to Kate karren?! so cute- and I have to be the one with the older kids- why not you? I need to copy people- I am lame!!! Cute blog- funny. i miss you.

JoDell said...

What a fun, cute idea! I'm totally stealing this one.

Amy said...

remind me how the clues worked because I'm stealing this idea for Carsen's 5th birthday party in about two weeks.

Thanks!
amylivesay@yahoo.com