Friday, March 19, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 101

Pumpkin Patch 101:
with your instructor, Claire.


This is how I found Claire one day. Cody had given her some pumpkin seeds (the salted, baked kind) and she decided to go outside and plant them. I am glad she has the passion for gardening, but it is a good thing we won't be here in the fall for her to wonder why her pumpkin plant hasn't grown in yet.

Where are we going to be in the fall?

Why, Alabama, of course.

We are going to be real southerners for a couple of years and we are pretty excited about it (minus the intense humid heat- why can't I escape it-ahhhhh!).

11 comments:

Carrie said...

AyelaBAMa! (That was me saying Alabama with an accent, just in case you didn't catch that.) How exciting!

I love Claire's tips on gardening. I might need to get a princess dress to work in my yard from now on!

Liz said...

Nothing out here on the west coast, huh?! Come to San Diego already!!! :D

Sounds like Claire has a natural green thumb like her mom.

P.S. Do you remember my cousin, Ben? He and his little family live in Alabama. He's a university professor somewhere. I think. :D

J-Leav said...

Which part Brooke? I'm dying to know!

tharker said...

I love that girl!!! Everything about her.

Yeah, what is it with you and humidity? You need to make your way west my dear.

Stacee said...

you guys are moving again??? WHY?? THought you guys just got settled..

Brooklet said...

Stacee, I need invited to your blog and I don't have your email anymore- invite me!

Bethany said...

Sweet home Alabama. So cool you get to see the world. I could dig it.

Shells said...

Wait, is she Cinderella or the Fairy God Mother? Did she say "bibbity boppity boo" when she planted them?

Rachel said...

So funny! Have fun in Alabama, if you need any tips on being a Southerner, let me know. I also got pretty good at translating, you know, northern Georgia is like a whole new world.

Pitcherpost said...

I'm SOO excited you guys are moving there!! For purely selfish reasons. Yes the heat is gross, and you are one of the most heat adverse people i know!

Claire looks very cute, I especially love her shoes. I swear I remember her wearing that same hoodie as a 3 year old!

Gina said...

awe man...bring some love to the west! Claire is cute. miss you guys.