Friday, December 05, 2008

Good News and Bad News



The good news is I finished my new nieces, Gabriella's, baby quilt.


The bad news is that she is already two months old.


The good news is that I designed and made the quilt myself.


The bad news is I designed and made the quilt myself.


The good news is that Gabriella and all newborns have limited vision for a while.


The bad news is that her mother doesn't have limited vision.


The good news is that it is the first quilt that I have ever quilted with my machine.


The bad news is, again, that I quilted it with my machine.


The good news is that by the time Gabriella is old enough to reason that it must have been a blind person on laughing gas who quilted her quilt, she will be attached to it and will not care.


The bad news is that once she is done being attached to it, she will be old enough to ask her mom why she would ever have been allowed to be seen with such a shoddy thing.


The good news is that maybe by that time she will have forgotten who actually made her the quilt in the first place.




And one final piece of good news: We will be moving to Virginia next summer for a year or three, to get started with the rest of our lives!

25 comments:

Cara said...

You ooze with talent, my dear. Ooze.

Laurie said...

brooke, you made this? Wow, it is lovely. I can't make anything. I love all the texture. I am sure little Gabriella and her mother will treasure it! Beautiful work.

Shells said...

I love the quilt Brooke. You did a good job. And congratulations with Virginia (was that your #1 pick?)

Anonymous said...

I think that quilt looks amazing! I want you to help me make one one day!

Ok, where was my personal notification of your move to Virgina :)

Monica said...

Oh, I am so excited. You did a great job, and it is absolutely beautiful. I am sure Gabriella will love it.

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

I love it!!!!

Jessica said...

Beautiful, Brooke. What/who is in Virginia????

Bethany said...

Are you crazy or just a perfectionist? That quilt is awesome! I would buy it that is how good it is. Ok, you have to answer this question, what part of Virginia? My mom and Dad live there and I visit all the time!! I would love to hang with you.

tharker said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I think the quilt is gorgeous!

Congrats on your upcoming move!!!

::lindsay said...

The quilt is beautiful. I so wish I was talented like that. You should be proud of yourself.

Congrats on Virginia!

Jen H said...

First off, now did you get 11 comments in only 6 hrs? You are amazing!! And the quilt, fabulous.

Carrie said...

The blind person on laughing gas comment reminds me of the time we first drove by the outlet mall in Pasco after seeing a play and you said, "Who had their head in their pants when they painted that thing?"

That quilt is beautiful! You should be quite proud of yourself.

Libby said...

you are too funny! that quilt looks awesome! congrats on virginia. it is nice to know you wont be too far away! it is becoming to real that in just a few short months most of my friends will be leaving me. what am i going to do!!

Kelsey said...

I don't see any of the bad. I think it's lovely. Beautiful choice of colors and pattern. Good luck in Virginia.

Rachel said...

I think that it is beautiful!

Y's creations said...

Great job Brooke, it is a beautiful quilt and you did a great job! Keep on stitchin'.

Michele said...

Brook you are too hard on yourself...I don't think anyone, sighted or not would be anything but overjoyed to get such a gorgeous quilt and the fact that you designed and made it yourself makes it priceless!

Jan said...

Love the quilt so much Brooke. You are so talented. Love the colors.

Have fun in Virginia. I have always wanted to go there. Hint hint.... Sounds so exciting.

Amy said...

You are so funny I can hardly stand it. The quilt is amazing and you know it. Yay for VA. Looks like we'll all remain east coasters.

Jana said...

My bad news. . . I have no idea how to turn a sewing machine one. My good news. . . I have friends that do. :) You have 3 months!!! It's a boy, in case you forgot. :)

Rachel said...

I think it is beautiful and special and Im sure she'll love it. what a great Aunt.

Rachel said...

and Virginia! cool. where??

Sketchy said...

Excuse me? Shoddy thing? Where? I must have missed it.

Kimo said...

The quilt is beautiful . . . and good luck with your move.