Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Reason for Diabetes

My friend introduced me to white chocolate popcorn and I have been a bit addicted to it lately. I have made three batches since then! To be fair, I gave away one batch, but that leaves two batches that me and my little fam have scarfed down single-handedly. We are real healthy in this house, as you know doubt can tell. It doesn't help that it is really, really easy to make. So for the sake of encouraging weight-gain and tooth-decay this holiday season, I am sharing this delightful treat with you all. You're welcome.


White Chocolate Popcorn

  • One 12 oz bag white chocolate chips (use the good stuff, because the cheap stuff is all sorts of gross and waxy)
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 2 bags unbuttered microwave popcorn (or 7 oz of popcorn kernels)
Pop the corn, get the kernels out because they are no fun, and put into a big, big bowl. Melt the white chocolate chips (microwave or double-boiler, just don't burn!) and then drizzle melted white chocolate over popcorn. Mix and fluff as you go. Your looking for a light coat of chocolate on the popcorn -- too much will make the popcorn soggy and spongy.

Spread out popcorn over cookie sheet.

Then melt the milk chocolate chips. The easiest and cleanest way is to put them in a sandwich bag, melt them in the microwave, and then snip a little corner of the bag, and drizzle the chocolate over the coated popcorn. Let it harden (put it in the fridge for faster set up).

Then, what you have, is a little bit of heaven and early onset diabetes. Boo-yah!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Tooth decay?! Peferct..(for our husbands, not for us). I'm assuming this is the recipe that Elise uses, which I'm so glad you posted saves me having to get it from her.

tharker said...

Yeah, does anyone else find it ironic that the dentist's wife is promoting tooth decay? ;)

This looks delicious, Brooke!!

I will probably need a Root Canal by the time that Christmas is over. Let's just say that I have eaten A LOT of turtles. But, oh my...they are worth it!!!

Rachel said...

You know what makes it even better? Add some M&Ms in it!!

Jana said...

How dare you share that secret recipe. I am seriously obsessed with it!! :)

Jana said...

Oh, I just read Rachel's comment. I am trying the m&ms for sure!