Monday, August 04, 2008

Ticket to Crazy Town

So I was tagged by Shannon (she's four, they are suppose to be playing tag at that age). I was suppose to ask Claire these questions and write down her exact answer. Here you go, a look inside her crazy, sidetracked mind.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Don’t ever cross the street without your mom or else you will get hit by a car. (So she does listen to what I say!)

2. What makes mom happy?
Going pee pee in the potties (hey, who doesn't that make happy?)

3. What makes mom sad?
Kicking somebody over with my . . . see, like this. . I am just pretending. . . ow, ow ow,ow (those ow's are real, as she kicked the chair with her foot).

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Go (she makes a silly face) like that.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Makes some yummy cookies. Do you like yummy cookies?

6. How old is your mom?
I don’t know. Can you tell me? Maybe 20. (You know it.)

7. How tall is your mom?
This tall (as she touches my toes and goes up to my head). (can you argue with her accuracy?)

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Makes cookies, right?

9. What does your mom do when you are not around?
Find me! (same exact answer as Shannon and there was no cheating involved)

10. If you mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
I don’t know. Brooke, I mean Mom. (Yeah, I don't know what that means either)

11. What is your mom really good at?
Making cookies. (she seems to be fixated on this particular aspect about me)

12. What is your mom not so good at?
I don’t know. Are you good at tying a ribbon up? (No really, she's probably right)

13. What does your mom do for her job?
To make cookies. (I'm really a Keebler elf)

14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
Broccoli (eeh. Wrong. She is way off).

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Kick balls into the hole and I will be proud. (not quite sure what she is referring to, though it may have something to do with my stellar miniature golf abilities).

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
A racer one. Zoom, like speed racer. I have a silver speed racer. (She is very intuitive)

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Spank your bum bum (giggle) and cross the street. (I have nothing to say about that)

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Remember when I have black hair and little this size and your too big to me. (Sometimes she says things and I don't even think she knows what she is talking about).

19. How are you and your mom different?
You get into a machine and then get out and then you are different. (that is deep)

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
I give a kiss, like (kisses me on the cheek) and give a big hug, a pumpkin hug. (Really, what says love like a pumpkin hug?)

When I was little I was really good at tag- its not just about being able to run fast, it was about anticipating which direction that little garbage-pail-kids-card-trading brat in front of you was going to turn. Well, and it was also about flirting with the boys (nothing says 'I like you' than running fast and pulling them down by their collar), but I am just way to old for that now.

So I don't play tag anymore, but this was really fun to do with Claire, to get her perspective on truly important things (like me). If you have young 'uns I think you should try it, and even if you don't have young uns', you could ask your spouse and I am sure you would get some answers that make less sense than Claire's. And if you don't have a spouse, go out and play yourself some tag.

14 comments:

Kelsey said...

Claire is one creative/funny little girl. That is such a fun idea. I can't wait until Michael will be able to answer whatever I ask him- even if it doesn't make sense. It's sure is entertaining though. Kids are so intersting. I also like your take on tagging- it's so Brooke.

::lindsay said...

It was fun to get a glimpse into Claire's mind. She is adorable!

Cara said...

A nice healthy dose of Claire- that's just what I was needing this morning. Thanks.

Jan said...

So much fun Brooke. She is darling.

You must make the best cookies. You take after your mother too.

Keep up the good times over there. 20 is about right too. I still think that is how old you are ;)

Anonymous said...

Her answers to question 9 and 17 were my favorite - very funny. Oh and you must make cookies every day or something.

tharker said...

I can't tell from her answers, but it seems like she might like your cookies???

I love that Claire girl. I seriously cannot wait to see you guys! Not many more sleeps now!

Jana said...

That was just how I would picture Claire answering. I also love that you make such great cookies. That was a funny post. I am going to try it with Jackson.

janae said...

Hello. My name is Janae, and I stalk you. Apparently Cara ratted me out. So I thought I'd say hi and tell you that you're my inspiration!

Jessica said...

Brooke,

Do you know how to make cookies?

I just asked Kate and Lilly these questions. Hilarious. I will post them tomorrow.

How are things in PA? How much longer are you there?

Michele said...

Thanks for the good read...Claire has always been a hoot...I loved her answer to how you are different...had to laugh!

Shells said...

So funny about the cookies, she must be related to us. I can't wait for Mikey to be able to answer questions, speak in sentences, tell me what he wants instead of screaming, etc.

Linda said...

Cute post, I love Claire's answers. I miss you guys, so that was a perfect dose of Claire. And you do make great cookies.

Radene said...

Kids are so funny, I loved reading Clair's answers. I wish I had a machine that made me different sometimes.

~Amber jo~ said...

Holy cow, that was way fun to read. Claire is so funny. I litterally laughed out loud for a while about the different machine thing! She is a little actress! it was so fun to see you guys at the reunion.