Friday, August 22, 2008

Miss Morgan

Also while we were away on safari, Morgan had her first birthday party. We were lucky enough to be with most of my family for the big day. I think she must have been having too much fun at the pre-party party, because she showed up to her own birthday party with only a diaper on. She had a lovely ice cream cake that she shoved in her mouth as fast as her fat little fingers could shovel. She then completely ignored me as I opened up her presents. To her, it was like any other day, except this one had dairy in it.

( So I know this is a lame picture, but it is the only one I have of the party- my camera died right after this, but my BIL took some with his camera and hopefully I will get those one day.)

There are a million things I love about Morgan. She likes to put small things into bigger containers- it could keep her occupied all day. She also likes us to read to her. She picks books off the bookshelf, then walks over to us, hands us the book, and then proceeds to back-up into our laps, patiently waiting for us to read to her. She likes to get her back tickled- she will hold completely still if you tickle her back. She is really sensitive- if you say the word 'don't' in a firm voice, it hurts her feelings, and she slowly morphs into the stay-puffed marshmallow man and starts to cry. It melts your heart, kind of like a heart s'more, if you will.

She has a vintage (another word for old hand-me-down) little person that she likes to carry around all the time in her hand. She only likes this particular little person, and I think she likes it so much because it kinda looks like herself.



I love her. I can't get enough of her serious face, her silly face, and her giggle.



Happy Birthday, Bugs.

8 comments:

tharker said...

I know she gets all sad faced when someone says don't, but it really is so stinking cute to watch!

I am so happy that we were finally able to meet Miss Morgan. She is such a sweet little girl, who is so calm and content. I also love her serious side. It's so much fun to watch the complete differences in her personality and Claire's.

You have two beautiful little girls Brooke, and I love them both so much!

Happy 1st Morgan!

Liz said...

What??!! I can't believe she's already one!! My goodness but time flies. She's so cute - it's no wonder you can't get enough of her. And how nice that she'll stay still for you to tickle her back. I've always wanted my boys to sit still for me to scratch/rub/tickle their backs, but they're not into it. :( I guess maybe that comes later when church is "so boring" for a seven year old and they drape themselves all over the bench and their family members to have their backs tickled. :) Happy Birthday, Morgan!!

Amy said...

Can't believe she's 1! I love that she loves books, she'll be a reader like mama. The whole backing up into your lap makes me laugh, Owen did and still does that! So cute. Happy Birthday Morgan!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Morgan...I too can't believe she is one already...she was only born a few months ago...and she still likes her car seat. Time flies when it is someone else's baby!

Anonymous said...

Awww...how cute that she's such a sensitive little soul - Aubrey laughs whenever I use my stern "no" voice! Not so cute. Happy birthday Morgan!

Linda said...

Happy birthday Morgan! She's a year older and gets cuter and cuter. I'm glad you guys had a nice vaca with the fam.

Radene said...

Cute pictures and great descriptions about your sweet Morgan, I hope you put that in a journal somewhere for her later on. Wow, one already! Happy Birthday!

Shells said...

She is a cutie pie. I'm glad that we could spend her first birthday with her. If we ever make it home (at least we are in the same state now, but still not home), I'll send you the pictures from our camera.