Friday, June 13, 2008

Introductions

Hi. My name is Brooklet. I use to have a blog that I would post fairly regularly on. You may remember it. I had some post that were kinda funny, some that weren't funny at all, and some that were semi-offensive. Those were my favorites.



But it has been months since I have written a real post. A post with feeling. For the last several months blogging has had a much different feel to it than before. And I can pin point the exact moment it changed for me.



I have the same ol' excuses. Too busy, not in the mood, not motivated to write. I feel that I am unwilling to speak unless I expect to say something that will amaze the whole room. This is no striking resemblance to your own character, I'm sure. Bottom line is, I don't think I have anything entertaining to say. My blog isn't crafty, I wouldn't call it informative, and it sure as heck ain't inspiring, so it had darn well better be entertaining.



So the exact moment of un-enlightenment for me was a couple of months ago when someone told me that they really thought my posts were good, and I have thought far too much of it since then. I was very touched by his praise. But unfortunately for me, once I heard the praise, I knew I would feel a pressure to only write things that deserved such praise. Hence I haven't written much since then. Too much pressure, not enough talent. So here I am, neglecting my blog, missing the good ol' days when I didn't stress about what I wrote. I have always written the good, the bad, and the ugly, regardless of what people say. I need to get back to that level of thoughtlessness. I am sure it will come.



I don't mean to say that I don't like compliments. They always make me feel very warm and fuzzy inside. It just kinda goes back to that insecurity inside me that doesn't like to fail, that doesn't like to disappoint. I need to get over that, because quite frankly I should be use to it by now. It's just one of those things left over from adolescence that I need to overcome, or else my maturity level will never catch up to the the level that the wrinkles around my eyes suggests I should be at.

12 comments:

PRP said...

You are always entertaining to me!

Time to get back on the horse!

Jan said...

Love you purely as is..

Laurie said...

It doesn't matter what you blog about, it is always great for one reason: your honesty about your experiences, embarassments (is that a word?), successes, ect. Thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

I know exactly how you feel. Though my posts are never as entertaining as yours. At any rate, do get over it...I miss your posts! Whenever your blog shows up on my Google Reader, I get so excited. I don't care what you write about...just write! Get that thoughtlessness back! :) I love to read Brooklyn. I need more Brooklyn. Must have Brooklyn!

tharker said...

Brooklet is as Brooklet does...which I happen to love.

Please come back more often!

Jana said...

PRP is a little scary with the fetus. But will this help you? I think your blog is lame and boring. Never funny or well written. And I am 7 years old and it is opposites day.

5dollarFanatic said...

It's funny how everyone's purpose for their blogs are different-mine: I use it mostly to share news of my family, my cousin: mainly to vent about her son's mischievous doings. And others do it to promote their businesses. To each thier own and hat's off to those who do it to entertain the rest of us!!!

Shells said...

I enjoy both your entertaining, well written blogs, and I also enjoy pictures or videos of your cute girls and news from your family.

Carrie said...

Brooke, I always love to read what you have to say. I honestly don't think you could write something without being entertaining.

One of my favorite things about blogging, is that I haven't seen you for a few years, but I still know exactly what you're up to. I love that. So keep writing!

Michele said...

It is your mind we love to visit...so don't stress...you are a natural at explaining or describing the everyday in an entertaining way...its just who you are.

Kimo said...

Keep writing . . . always love to read your posts.

Anonymous said...

I will try hard to never compliment you on ANYTHING since I don't want to risk ruining those things for you to! So if I've ever mentioned that you were a good cook, creative, a good primary president,etc, I really didn't mean it, I promise...

And just take a visit to my blog the next time you are worried if a post is good enough to publish, my writing will make you feel WAY better about yours!