Monday, February 11, 2008

Created

First off, congratulations to my big sis, Shells, who gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Abigail Hannah, on Thursday.

Are those chubby cheeks not divine?? And I think she looks a lot like her beautiful mother. I can't wait to cuddle with her and pinch her cheeks. It's an aunt's right.


_____________













Second, I thought I would share the contents of the prize I gave away last week. It ain't much, but I hope Heather enjoys it (or throws it away, I won't be offended). I had fun making it and that is the bottom line for me.

I have a little obsession with making these mod podged magnets. It just think they are cute, simple, and very versatile. Here are the ones I sent to Heather.


I think they make delightful valentines card keeper uppers. That's what I am using my magnets for. To make these, you round up some magnets, chipboard shapes, pretty paper, and mod podge glue. Its pretty straight forward- glue the paper onto the chipboard with mod podge, making sure there are no air or glue bubbles, add any embleshments or stamping that you desire, glue the magnet on the back, and viola. Simple. Seasonal. Stolen. I mean I stole this idea from her.



The second idea is stolen from Martha Stewart. Naturally. I found this way back in the day before I had kids and I always wanted to try it. So I did, and I love them.


I just made them with valentine scrapbooking paper and put them in my apothecary jar. A few days ago, I was browsing creative blogs when I saw that I wasn't thinking that far off from this genius. Of course, hers are about 49 times more cute, and I will definetly be stealing her ideas as well.

The final thing is this glittering word:



I love, LOVE, love glitter. I am like a magpie, I am attracted to anything that sparkles. I already had sparkling JOY letters for Christmas, and I really wanted something for valentines, so thats how this love came about. I purchased pre-cut wood lettering at Joanns, and painted it red. Then I applied glue all over it with a paint brush, poured glitter over it, let it dry, reapplied more glue over the glitter, and then sprinkled fine glitter over it. I just love the way they sparkle and you can decorate with these letters anywhere you want- on the mantel, in a picture frame, attatched to the wall (use sticky tack), or string a ribbon through it and make a garland. Ah glitter, how do I love thee.


Well, thats it. From my blog to yours, happy decorating.

11 comments:

Libby said...

i love it all! seriously, seeing this stuff actually makes me want to create something...now that is inspiring! i really wish i would have won the drawing :(.

Heather said...

I'm so glad I won. The lovely package arrived this afternoon. It was a perfect surprise to a super crazy day! Thanks again Brooke- I love everything!

Jan said...

Brooke=Congrats on new auntie status again. She's a knockout.
And you my dear are a talented and gifted crafter. I love the magnets and am hating Heather. JOKing. But its all good.

Liz said...

Very cute! And I'm so glad you included instructions. I might now steal the ideas from you...if I ever decide to become crafty, that is.

Congratulations, Michelle! That's so cool. She's adorable. Love the name.

dandee said...

Abigail is a lovely name, and I think you're right. She looks just like Michelle.

Your projects look so fun! You are all set for Valentine's Day!

tharker said...

I really wish that I could cuddle that sweet Abigail right now. She is just beautiful. I think that Tom and Michelle each have their own "mini me" now.

Your crafts are so cute Brooke. I'm happy for Heather too. What a fun way to celebrate Valentines.

Laurie said...

Wow, I am inspired to create something now. I usually never have the desire (or talent) to create anything crafty. My well-intentioned Enrichment crafts always end up looking....scary. Everything looks fantastic. Maybe I could handle the glittery letters....

Gina said...

Sweet! I am all about home-made decor if it comes out looking that cute! I am envious of the box winner! Great ideas. Thanks.

Michele said...

Everything looks great...kudos to you! I especially love the glitter on the LOVE I just may have to scraplift that I idea...nothing is ever stolen in the crafting world...stolen is such a strong word. You make Martha (and me) proud!

Jana said...

Very cute. Where do you find the time? Now, what can you do for St. Patrick's Day? If anything, I want to copy you so don't do it until we have talked!!! :)

elenapena said...

I'm so jealous. On all accounts! :)