Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Night Cookies

Lately, I have been a bit obsessed about cookies. It's probably because I am trying to lose weight. I have never been a good cookie maker, but to appease my obsession for cookies, I have been trying new recipes and have found a couple I really like. Last Friday night, Claire helped me make a new batch of cookies and they were nummers.
After my first pregnancy, I craved Swedish fish. This postpartum I have been craving chocolate and peanut butter combos. So here are a couple of really good recipes:

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups peanut butter chips

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the peanut butter chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Cool on wire racks.

And now my personal favorite-

Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
3 Tbs milk
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits, divided

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg, beat until just blended. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup toffee bits; reserve remainder for topping.

Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet; top each with reserved toffee bits. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not over bake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3 dozen cookies.

Hope you enjoy them! Now, send your good cookie recipes my way!

I am obsessed.

13 comments:

Cara said...

What were the cookies you made us the other day? Were they the Heath ones? I LOVED them! And, ironically enough, I made cookies that day too. :) It's all about sweets right now. Isn't nursing great! :)

Brooklet said...

Those were the heaths- yummy

Jessica said...

Funny that you mention this, because I have also been obsessed with cookies and I make them every chance I get.(although I am not pregnant or post partum, just to clarify) I will have to email you the recipe I am using. I usually use half white chocolate chips and half semi-sweet or milk chocolate. You could definitely substitute PB in there though. Happy baking!

tharker said...

Mmmm...cookies! I have become obsessed with a Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe lately too. They are so soft and yummy. I add milk chocolate, semi sweet, and butterscotch chips. They are heavenly! I'll email you the recipe!

Amy said...

They look like yummy recipes! I can't wait to try them when my kitchen is back to normal. What's up with you trying to loose weight? You are back to normal already!

Jana said...

This is a bit if love-hate relationship. Now I HAVE to make these. But I really shouldn't. Thanks a lot!:)

Brooklet said...

Thanks for the recipe Tiffani, I can't wait to try those! Jessica, you better email me that recipe!!! and Amy, I am so excited to see your new kitchen- hope all is going well!!!!

Liz said...

Mmmmm...I'm always craving chocolate and peanut butter combos, so those recipes will definitely be tested in this household, too! :) Oh, and by the way, I can never get cookies right. I either burn them or they don't cook enough. There's a magical time in between that I can never seem to hit. :)

Liz said...

Claire looks like she enjoyed the chocolate. :)

Liz said...

Hey, baby sleeping is Anders, not Soren. So only one and definitely still my baby! Does he really look that big?

Libby said...

I can't wait to try these!! Cookies really are the best!

Liz said...

Brooklyn! I didn't know you are Primary President! That's great. Now I have yet another person I can come to for ideas and advice. I am sooooo not a creative person, so I need all the ideas I can get. But, I'm already having fun with the calling and it's definitely already improving me. I think I'll probably get more out of this calling than these kids will get from having me as president. :) Expect to hear from me...probably more often than you'd like! :)

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy!