Sunday, October 28, 2007

Morgan's blessing

On October 14, Morgan was blessed. I thought I would share a little of what was said during the blessing. Cody said the prayer and did such a wonderful job. Here are some of the things that I remember:

He blessed her that she would give kindness and love to everyone. To accept everyone with unconditional love.

With a love for the gospel and a desire to live the principles of the gospel.

When the time comes, he blessed her that she would meet and marry a worthy young man in the temple and raise a family.

With the power and desire to share the gospel with others and a love for missionary work and genealogy.

With a desire to study and gain an education.

To be a peacemaker, and to speak words of softness and kindness in times of trial.

It was a beautiful prayer, a beautiful Sunday, and a beautiful little girl. We are so thankful for our sweet baby girl Morgan.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

She is beautiful. Good thing I don't give blessings...that has to be a lot of pressure! Good job, Cody!

tharker said...

What a beautiful blessing. I cannot wait to finally meet her. She is such a beautiful baby too Brooke. Her picture reminds me a lot of Samantha when she was a baby.

Liz said...

She is just so darling. I see you in her, Brooke. I love seeing babies in white...it's so appropriate. Great blessing. Just what this world needs - a peacemaker!

::lindsay said...

The blessing sounded wonderful. I love the picture of Morgan too.

Libby said...

That is a precious picture of Morgan. What a sweet little girl!

Shells said...

I can't wait to meet her in person, too. She'll probably be almost a year by next summer when we all get together.

did you make her dress?

Monica said...

A beautiful blessing for a beautiful girl. And seriously, what are you feeding Claire?? She is getting so tall and growing up and she is such a beautiful young lady. What are your girls going to be for Halloween this year?