Saturday, October 27, 2007

From Far Away Places

Grandma and Grandpa Nelson came to visit Claire and Morgan a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time with them, showing them our favorite places to visit, playing games, and laughing with them. They basically spoiled Claire rotten the entire time they were here, bringing her new toys and games, and playing those new toys and games with her, over and over and over! They are really wonderful grandparents who love to be around their grand kids. It was such a delight for us to have them visit our little home here in PA and be at Morgan's blessing. Here is a summary of the joy that was to be had the week they were here:

We went to a pumpkin patch and farm but naturally, my camera decided to malfunction, so we didn't get any pictures. But Claire had a great time, picking the biggest pumpkin she could find! Claire and I attempted the corn maze there, and right as we were about half-way through, Claire announces she needs to go potty. Great! She can only hold it for a couple of minutes, so I was dragging her along as fast as her little feet would go, trying to find the exit. So about 10 minutes later, we finally were out, and Claire had to get a change of pants!




Grandma Nelson bought these fun faces to put on the pumpkins (much better than carving!!) and Claire had a lot of fun mixing and matching the faces she could create. She still goes out on our patio and switches the eyes and noses around. They are her personal mr. pumpkin heads. She loves them!

One of Claire and my favorite things about Grandma is that she loves to play games with Claire. Grandma taught Claire how to play a couple of fun games- this one is where you build a castle for your princess.


We took Granda to the zoo and aquarium. I think Diane had a good time looking all the sea life that our aquarium has.

Claire and I liked watching the polar bears do nothing.


We took Grandpa and Grandma up to the Incline where we had a look at the city, read some history of the city, and took a ride on the trolley!



Thanks for such a wonderful visit! We can't wait to see you again.

11 comments:

tharker said...

These are great pictures Brooke! Looks like Claire had a great time with Bill and Diane. They are great grandparents to do all of those fun things with Claire.

The pumpkin patch...oh the joys : )

tharker said...

Love the idea of recipes on your sidebar by the way!

Cara said...

I love the pumpkin faces idea. Do you know where she got those? And I like the recipes too...I have a Marie Callendar corn bread recipe too, but it's not the same as yours. Go figure! :)

Brooklet said...

I think she got them at KMART- it was so nice not to have to clean out any pumpkins, and carving pumpkins at Claires age is pointless!

Rachel said...

looks like a fun week. the pumkin faces are awesome. I will have to remember that. I hate carving pumpkins!! I love the good earth. i noticed you're reading it. such a great story. i forgot that one on my recommended. i'll add it.

::lindsay said...

I really like those pumpkin faces too. We don't have a Kmart though, so I'm hoping they'll sell them somewhere else. Kaiya would love those.

I'm glad your in-laws could come. I sounds like you'll have a great time.

Liz said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! And the pumpkin faces are awesome. We were going to carve pumpkins on Monday night for family night, but maybe I'll try to find those faces and it could be a much cleaner event! :) Funny story about Claire and the corn maze. It made me laugh, though I'm sure you two weren't too happy about it. :)

Jessica said...

Fun pumpkin faces! I will have to look around for those...what is the point of carving pumpkins with kids under the age of 4? It just ends up being one huge mess (and it is kinda dangerous)! Glad you had a great time with the Nelson's.

Libby said...

yuck! I hate carving pumpkins! What a fun and cute alternative. Looks like you guys kept busy and had lots of fun. Claire is so cute!

Kimo said...

Looks like tons of fun, and Claire looks so grown up!

Monica said...

It looks like everyone had a great time. I bet Claire loved spending time with her grandma and grandpa. I like that pumpkin idea.