Wednesday, October 03, 2007

356

Wow, I can tell by the number of responses to that last post that I am not the only one bugged by gag inspirational stories. Sorry!

It was one year ago today that I started this blog after being in awe and inspired by my sister-in-laws blog. It has been a really fun experience. Before starting a blog, I had a track record of being a really, crappy writer. I cringe when I read the papers I wrote in college. Honestly, they were horrible. After I graduated from college and was working as an employment counselor, I remember sitting down to my computer and having this strong, strong innate desire to be a writer. I felt it over and over. The only thing standing in my way was the fact that I was a terrible writer. So I never tried it. When I started the blog, I found that I really enjoyed the writing process- I am kinda proud of some of the posts over the past year. Of course, I am also ashamed, embarrassed, and in denial about some of the other posts I wrote, but that is neither here nor there. It has been fun and a bit liberating for me, and your comments have meant the world to me.

In honor of my one year anniversary, I will be giving away to one lucky commenter. . . nothing! Sorry, I have nothing to give. But still feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for stickin' with me thus far.

12 comments:

tharker said...

Ooooh, pick me, pick me! Oh woops I got carried away.

I'm so glad that you started a blog last year Brooke. I have LOVED every single one of your posts. Every day I log in, and check your blog, and wait for that wonderful sound, "You've Got Mail"...Ooops, carried away once again...

Really though, I await every one of your posts with baited breath, because you are undoubtedly one of THE BEST writers that I know. And I know a lot...Okay so I don't, but who cares!

Here's to another year of Brooklet!

Jessica said...

brooke, you crack me up. i really enjoy reading your blog and hearing how you are doing.

Libby said...

happy anniversary! your blog is one of my favorites for sure. may there be many years of blogging to come.

Amy said...

Brooke...there are 365 days in a year, not 356. Just thought you should know. I'm glad you've shared your writing with us and that you have an outlet to do so. I've benefited greatly from your posts...to another great year to come.

Heather said...

OK, thanks Amy. I was starting to doubt my sanity- "Maybe I really don't know how many day are in a year"

I love your writing too, I'm shocked to hear you were so crappy... you must just be too hard on yourself.

Here's to another 356... 365..

Monica said...

My years generally have 365 days, but that's just me. Happy Bloggiversary. I have loved reading everyone of your posts and always wish for more. You are an amazing writer with wit and charm and you tell the best stories. And I think this is a great way to keep in touch. If it weren't for these blogs, I would have no idea what all you ladies were up to. Keep up the good work.

Carrie said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so glad you started a blog last year. You weren't one to send out update emails very often, so I always wondered what you were up to. Now I know what you do most of the time. I love keeping up with your life, and I love reading about your thoughts and feelings.

Brooklet said...

So maybe I have dyslexia and you all should feel bad about making fun of me! Or maybe I was unconcious for 9 days this past year, so it was only 356 for me. Or maybe, I don't proof read.

Liz said...

I like 356. There are some days this last year that I wish I could not count. :) Congrats on your "year" mark. Only 70 more years to go! :)

Jana said...

Wow, a whole year. Yesterday I was counting my time as a blogger. I have NOTHING on you! :) Love your posts. And about that last one, I never did comment because every time I started to read it, I got pulled away to something else much less appealing, but as my duty as a mom, I had to go. Therefore, I have never finished it. And honestly, I think it is time to move on. :) But I meant well!!!!

Shells said...

Mom asked me to ask you for some pictures of Morgan.

Brooklet said...

What a coinkadink. I just took some today. I will post them soon.