Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Super Shiny Bum Bum

Yesterday, I had a bunch of friends over for lunch as a final get together, since one of our good friends is moving this week. We had a good time gabbing and laughing away downstairs, while a couple of the older kids played upstairs in Claire's room- giggling away almost the entire time! So people started to leave, but one of my friends, Jana, stayed for a long time (in fact we invited her and her husband to stay for dinner) because I hadn't talked to her in weeks (she just had a baby). So while me and Jana were talking, Claire was up playing in her room, with what a assumed was a new found love for her toys. But no.
When Claire came down the stairs she was completely . No big deal, she takes her clothes off all the time, but then I noticed how her body was shining! All over her bottom and belly seemed to a be a nice sheen of grease or oil. She comes closer and I can smell immediately what it was. A&D. Butt cream for those who don't know. For three years I have kept the A&D in the basket with her diapers and wipes and she has never had a problem with touching it, squeezing it, or applying it all over her body! Cody takes Claire upstairs and gives her a second bath for the day, I check out the scene of the crime, while Jana is forced to whistle to herself downstairs. Claire's bedroom smelled strongly of of A&D, and it was wiped all over her bedspread, on a box of clothes, on her dresser. She had tried to wipe it off because there was dozens of greased up wet wipes all over the floor. Have you ever tried to clean up A&D- not fun.

This is what I love about having kids. Claire made a huge mess, stunk up the house, and wasted a whole bottle of A&D and a ton of wet wipes, but what I keep thinking about is seeing her come down the stairs as if nothing is wrong, all and shiny. It puts a smile on the face.

8 comments:

tharker said...

I love that your computer edits out naked!

Funny, funny Claire. My friend had a similar experience with Vicks Vapor rub. She was pregnant with her second child and exhausted, so she set some toys out for her two year old, and lay down on the couch while he played on the floor. When she woke up about 45 minutes later, she found Vicks rubbed all through her hair and his. Apparently, nothing takes out Vicks.

Monica said...

At least she tried cleaning it up. Did it all come out, or did it leave grease stains?

I am glad that I am not the only mother with kids that do stuff like this, because Al thinks it is a problem that only happens in our house.

About a year ago Samantha put vaselline in her hair, and I could not get it out. She had greasy hair for a few weeks until it finally all went away.

Liz said...

Ha ha ha! Better A&D than poop, right?! :) I love the post title. It hooked me! Ah, kids are so fun.

Shells said...

For me, the hardest part about having a child is the messes. I can't stand messes. I guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to get over it as Mike gets older and gets into EVERYTHING.

The story made me smile. I can't wait to see all of you. The anticipation has been so great, I hope the reunion is not a big let down. Last years wasn't, so I'm sure this year won't be either.

elenapena said...

Brooke, is it ok if I share your blog with Ann-Marie?

Brooklet said...

Elena- absolutely.

A couple of weeks ago Claire put lotion in her hair, but it was pretty easy to wash out. The messes are a hard part of being a parent, especially since you use all your energy to clean up and then as soon as you are done, there is a whole new mess.

But, thankfully it wasn't pooh (after all, we have had to do that one before)!

Brooklet said...

Sorry about the edits! When there is an awkward phrasing, you can basically plant the word n a ked there and it should make more sense

Johnsons said...

My kids painted their room and furniture with Desitin once. I thought that was bad until I heard about my neice, who more than once painted her room with the contents of her dirty diaper.