Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Reason for Me

I was tagged by The PRP and also by Shells, so I guess I should comply.
Move 'em all up, take off the first, add yours to the bottom.

1) Eve
2) Melissa
3) 4 B's In A Pod
4) Life According to the PRP
5) Brooklet


Then tag five new.
I'm officially tagging:
Carrie

Liz
The New Harkers

What were you doing ten years ago?
I was finishing up my sophomore year of high school. I was performing in my first play, "Anne of Green Gables" at the high school where I played Rachel Lynde. I was about to start my summer job of changing pipe in a hayfield for my brother. And I still had the ambition to be a film maker!

What were you doing one year ago?
I had just found out that I was expecting and I was starting to get morning sickness. We were also doing major landscaping in our backyard, leveling the ground (which I did with a shovel), laying sod, and building a retaining wall. I was serving in the primary presidency at church. Pretty much everything is the same a year later- still pregnant, still working in the yard, and still in the primary presidency!!

Five Snacks You Enjoy:
- a crisp apple (not to be confused with apple crips-yuck!)
- a cinnamon/raison bagel
- swedish fish
- reeses pieces
- oranges

(these are my pregnancy snacks!)

Five Songs You Know All The Words To:
Hit me baby one more time, Brittney Spears
The Battle of New Orleans, Johnny Horton
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B, Andrew Sisters
Breathe (2am), Anna Nalek
Song 2, Blur (one of my favorites)

Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire:
- Buy a home with a beautiful yard
- Buy a boat and jet ski
- Have a fantastic gift wrapping station in said home
- Buy all the flowers/trees/plants for my said beautiful yard
- Put the rest in a savings account

Five Bad Habits:
- Biting my finger nails- I am worse than anyone I have ever met.
- Gossiping
- Procrastinating
- Staying up late and sleeping in
- Leaving the dinner dishes until morning


Five Things You Like Doing:
- Gardening!!!!!
- Reading
- Imagining and creating
- Playing games
- Talking with friends and family

Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:
- Homemade underwear
- tapered anything ( I whole heartedly agree with everyone on that one)
- Anything with a disney character on it
- shirts and shorts made from the same print

- a fanny pack

Five Favorite Toys:
- Computer/internet- they go hand in hand
- Digital Camera
- ( I don't have one but. . ) a jet ski
- My jogging stroller
- My kitchen-aide

10 comments:

Shells said...

I'll never understand why you don't like apple crisp. It's so delicious. I'd almost forgotten about your ambitions to be a film maker. Thanks for the reminder.

Monica said...

I am surprised that hot tomales didn't make the list.

::lindsay said...

You had homemade underwear?

Brooklet said...

yes, unfortunately, yes, Lindsay. When we were little my mom made us some- I remember one of them had hearts all over it.

I actually don't eat hot tomales very much any more- swedish fish have taken over the red candy niche.

Heather said...

Seriously, a Kitchen Aid? I thought that was a dirty word to Harkers.

Brooklet said...

Heather, do I look like I am made of money!! I love my kitchen-aide, but one day, I will love my bosch!!!

Liz said...

I'm jealous! I hope to have a Kitchen-aide some day. :) Loved this post. I'd better get on it. BTW, I didn't know that Lance got married. When did that happen? And congrats to him!

Liz said...

Your little brother is Lance, right? I'm second guessing myself now. :)

Brooklet said...

Yes, Lance is my little brother- he got married on May 5th to Elizabeth.

Liz said...

Congrats to Lance!