Friday, April 20, 2007

Random is as Random Does

I have a couple of random thoughts for your veiwing pleasure. . .

Several days ago, Claire stepped on a piece of bread, right in the middle and it left her foot print indentation on it. It immediately triggered a memory that I had not thought of in years and pretty much lay forgotten in the crevases of my mind. Growing up, me and my sisters loved it when our parents bought white bread from the store. Yum. I personally liked to eat the bread plain, squish it up into perfect cubes, etc., and every time I pulled out a fresh piece of bread, Monica would walk by and pound the side of her fist into it to create a baby footprint. Random, I know.

Second random thought, I currently weigh the same amount that I weighed in high school and I am 22 weeks pregnant. That goes to show you how in fact overweight I was in high school!

Third random thought, I spent all morning working out in the yard as it is the first nice day in weeks. I loved it! I could spend all day out there working, but unfortunately our messy, messy house was calling me inside to clean it. So I sat down to write this post instead.

Fourth and final thought, two of my good friends here had their babies in the past two days, so I took them cinnamon rolls when I visited them in the hospital. I am sorry Tiffani and Monica, but there ain't no way your rolls are as good as mine. YUM!! You all better be watchin' out at the Cinnamon National Bakeoff Championships 2007, because I be bringing it for real.

12 comments:

Monica said...

I was just thinking about the fist footprints on bread the other day. Samantha and I were trying to do it with paint on paper, but it didn't look as realistic as it did on bread.

Secondly, BRING IT ON!! You and Tiffani are doing an awful lot of smack talk about the cinnamon roll bake off. I really think my cinnamon rolls are fantabuloso, but I generally crumble under the pressure of competition, so really, it is anyone's game.

tharker said...

Now those is fightin' words! It's so on!

Brooklet said...

I do talk a lot of schmack- I think its fun to do, I am not serious, though I do think I make a good c-roll.

Liz said...

I like to roll my white bread into a ball after I eat the crust off. :)

P.S. The blogging always calls to me, too. My house is still a mess.

::lindsay said...

I think next time you come to Pasco we should have a bake-off. You and Tiffany can each make your delicious cinnamon rolls and I'll judge! I would love to take all those cinnamon rolls off both of your hands! :)

Shells said...

Maybe we should have a panel of judges for the bake-off. Three of four people (including myself of course) ought to do. And we obviously can't have a bake off without Mom being in it. Have you all convinced her to participate?

elenapena said...

Oh, Brookio, nuh you di-in't ... talking about your delicious c-rolls in front of the 37-week-pregnant food-crazy lady ... c'mon! Now you've got to share the recipe, since I can't have the authenic stuff, cuz momma's got to have some c-rolls now! :D

Heather said...

Sometimes I forget how funny you really are... glad you are blogging to remind me.

PRP said...

Seriously...you may be prego but that's no reaso to drop into oblivion.

Get with it already. We miss the musings of Brooklet.

Liz said...

Brooklyn! Where are you? I check your blog every day because your posts are so funny. If I can't get a book written by you, this is the next best thing!

tharker said...

I'll even take more random...anything will do really...pleeeeeeease....

::lindsay said...

Hello, Brooke....Did you fall off the face of the earth?