Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Groundhogs Day!


I feel a bit more connected to Groundhogs day since I am here in Penn- sylvania, 100 miles away from Punxa- tawny Phil. I heard that he saw his shadow, which means another six weeks of winter. But actually in Pittsburgh, spring doesn't really come until May- much more than six weeks away! I hear that the groundhog sees his shadow 90% of the time.

I shouldn't complain, though. Even though its freezing and snowing outside right now, it has really been a mild winter, with the temperatures usually in the 50s. Not too shabby. But I did hear on the news this morning that, in fact, the world is getting warmer. So maybe the groundhog's nerves will be eased as he sees less and less of his shadow.

This is a picture of my Groundhog. She worked hard on perfecting the groundhog face, so I thought I would share it all with you-- Our own Pittsburgh Claire.

7 comments:

Monica said...

I told Samantha that you lived close to the most famous groundhog, and she thought that was very impressive. But the best and cutest groundhog is clearly, Pittsburgh Claire.

Shells said...

I didn't know that groundhogs wore sweaters. She sure is a cutie. I used to think she looked exactly like you, but as she gets older, I don't think that as much, although she is clearly your daughter. So are you going to give us rest of the answers to your movie quote game?

Brooklet said...

OH you give up that easily!!! You figured out all but #2- its Fletch! I love that movie.

tharker said...

Your little groundhog is the cutest ever! Is everyone feeling better in the groundhog burrow?

Brooklet said...

yeah, claire is in the final stretch of her wicked illness- she just has a ing cough!! We have stayed indoors all week, due to illness, and the high today is suppose to be 11.

Shells said...

When I talked to you last and mentioned that Michael hasn't been sick for a while, well, I knew I was dooming myself. He woke up with a fever and runny nose this morning. Oh the joys.

Mom Nelson said...

Gee, these blogs make me even miss your extended family Brooke!
I feel like sobbing when I read your notes to each other...
Mom Nelson