Thursday, October 05, 2006

Too much TV, its wonderful!

I have a slight complex about being a bad mom-- not so much bad as lazy. I don't like Claire watching that much TV, I think it takes away from her imagining, physical activity, blah, blah, blah. But sometimes that TV is such a nice babysitter when I need one. I think its starting to get out of control. She is now demanding all day long to watch Cinderelli or Barbie (the nutcracker video). Distracting her only works for so long, because she will eventually turn on the TV herself. We are borrowing Cinderella from a friend and we have only had it for a week, but I would venture a guess that Claire has watched it maybe 7 or 8 times since then. I didn't realize how much she was really getting from it, until last night. . .

Now for the point of my story. Claire picked up one of her church dresses from off the floor, held it up to her and said, "thanks you so very much." I thought that was humorous, but I had heard her say thank you a million times, just never over her dress. And then she started twirling around with the dress and saying, "It's wonderful." Claire has never said wonderful before, so I was a bit taken aback and I started to think where she could have picked it up. As she twirled around, I suddenly recognized the scene- where Cinderella sees the dress that the mice have made for her, and she picks up, holds it next to her, and says "thank you so much, its wonderful" and twirls around with it. I got a good kick out of it, ingoring a slight tinge of guilt.

You may be wondering how I have time to write this blog in the middle of the day. Well, Claire is watching TV of course.

2 comments:

Shells said...

You think you're a bad mom? I've been sitting at this computer for hours, reading all of my friends blogs and emails while The Mikester is playing in his crib.

Shells

tharker said...

Have you seen how much TV my kids watch? Enough said