Friday, April 29, 2011

Blossoms in Bloom

I have been meaning to announce this for a while, but life just got in the way.

Since the moment I first discovered Etsy, years ago, I knew I wanted a handmade shop. It just took a couple of years to finally get to a place where I actually could do it. But here we are!!



The name of my shop is Blossoms in Bloom, which I think every creative process is- a blossom in bloom.





I designed this Castle Caddy over a year ago for my little girls and it has seen a lot of action as they have taken it to church, on the airplane, on long car rides, the DMV (yuck). They both still enjoy stuffing their princesses into the pockets, folding up the castle, and taking their 'purse' wherever they go.





I have Castle Caddys all complete and ready for new homes. But if you are the sewing type that likes to make your projects your own, by choosing your fabrics and colors, I am have also created a detailed pdf pattern.

I also hope to add to the shop soon, including more Castle Caddys and also an original Roadway Car Caddy pattern. Plus, I have several different ideas floating around in my head for more "Caddy" designs, that I can't wait to finally create.



This is so much fun for me; I seriously love Etsy. I also was able to see the finished product of someone who bought the pattern and it makes me so happy. So head on over and take a looksies!

10 comments:

J-Leav said...

I love it! I am so going to buy one!

Wendi said...

This is so cute Brooke! I know my kids would love it. You are so amazing!

thekarrens said...

You are my hero!!! I want one!!! List more :)

Liz said...

Sign me up for one for boys! You hooked me with the Lego picture. :D I can only see the PDFs for patterns, not any actual Castle Caddies. Did I miss something?

You are awesome, Brooke. I am so jealous of your creativity!

tharker said...

So proud of you! I just might have to order one for Eva. (she needs a little something to keep her from screaming at the top of her lungs during sacrament meeting)

Michele said...

my creative heart is so proud of you...I just don't have the huevos to open one myself. I love the caddys they are amazing. Since I don't really sew I would get the finished product but its so niced that you offer the patterns, I can't wait to see what other creations you share!

Liz said...

I would definitely love it if you could cook up something for my boys! So how much are they if I'm not buying the pattern? If I can swing it (and if you can, too), I'll get one for each of them.

I wish I was as creative as you are, but I'm just as glad to support my awesomely creative friends!

blood pressure tester said...

I love how you intricately design the Castle Caddys, eh. So cute and adorable and perfect for liitle girls who love dolls and Barbie!

Amy said...

looks lovely brooke!

tharker said...

I can say this with all the love of a sister in law...can you PLEASE post something already?!! Heeeeheee ;)