Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas 2010

Our first Christmas in Alabama was one of my favorites. Claire is at that age where she is so curious about all the details of Santa. We fielded about a million questions from her about the ins and outs of Santa's operations. Morgan was just excited for Christmas because she was just so sure she was going to get the one things she had been asking Santa for months- a Woody doll. Luke was so excited, he slept in until 10 o'clock on Christmas morning (awesome).

On Christmas Eve, we the big traditional dinner with some friends of ours, read the nativity, and sent the kiddos off to bed. Christmas morning, the girls found their presents from santa in their stockings and the presents under the tree. They were delighted. Morgan and Woody became best of friends and he hasn't left her side since. Claire received Jesse, who also became best buds, and Luke received Buzz, but he just doesn't know that they are going to be best friends yet. It was so much fun.
{isn't that knot hair awesome? Yeah, we deal with that EVERY morning!!!}


And just for a very, very special gift, because Santa knew how hard I had been dreaming of a White Christmas (plus I watched White Christmas three times), it started snowing on Christmas morning- here in Alabama, where it doesn't snow often and it hasn't snowed in my town on Christmas for the 100 years they have been keeping record. It made me so happy.

{Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow!}

We had a really lovely Christmas break just relaxing and hanging out around the house. Most days we all stayed in jammies the whole day.

{Morgan's two buddies- Woody, and Knuffle Bunny}

PS: I made the best batch of cinnamon rolls I have ever made on Christmas and I am not even going to pretend not to be conceited about it. Still thinking about them two weeks later.

{So good}

4 comments:

Shells said...

Mike peeked over my shoulder as I was looking at your pictures. He asked if Santa Clause could bring him a woody doll next year ("just like that one") and if we could make some cinnamon rolls. He also asked who Morgan was and told me he didn't remember her. That one made me sad.

Linda said...

What a fun Christmas! And you do make the BEST cinnamon rolls. Wish we lived closer so I could have a bite.

Y's creations said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. Claire & Morgan look like they loved their Christmas presents, it doesn't look like they are going to let go of them for a long time. I am glad it snowed just for you! I need to watch White Christmas one of these years. I don't think I have watched in a long time.

And the cinnamon rolls looks delicious.
We are still eating the cardamom cinnamon rolls from Christmas. Dad is really enjoying them.

tharker said...

I'm so happy that it snowed for you! (although I'm bummed because all of our snow melted just a couple of days before Christmas..talk about a serious let down!)

I love the pictures of the girls with Woody and Jesse. They're so cute!

Oh, happy Cinnamon Roll....you're making me hungry!