Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Toughy

We have been busy lately, and this little monkey is part of the reason!

Luke is almost 10 months now and is just bursting with personality. I love this age. He loves to laugh and shout. He loves to babble. He loves to suck on my face. He is crawling and scooting all around, pulling himself up into standing position any chance he gets. Today I found him half-way up the stairs. It startled me to see him so high, so I shouted "Whoa!" and he hadn't seen me there so my startle startled him and he let out an excited squeal and laugh, because he was pretty impressed with himself.



He is still such a sweetheart- always happy and easy going. From his 6 month to 9 month appointment he only gained 2 pounds. Part of that is due to him being much more mobile and the other part is that he has been sick in some form or the other for almost the entire past two months. He has had three ear infections in the last month, but still was smiling through it all. We call him "Toughy", because that is what my Grandpa Leathem use to call my little brother and we say it exactly the way he use to- "Hey Toughy" (for the record, I am really good in my impersonation).


We love him so much and seriously can't get enough of this kid right now. Just a big bowl full of fun.

6 comments:

tharker said...

"Hey...Toughy!" I can hear your cute grandpa now. It's the perfect name for Luke!

These are such cute pictures, I just love that little guy.

Jessica said...

How adorable! Love the leg rolls. Claire is so big! Glad you are doing well.

Y's creations said...

He is so cute! I hope that he is feeling better soon. Poor little guy. Can't wait to see him again. and the girls.
Love the pictures!

Amy said...

whoa where did that little boy come from? he still looked like a baby when i saw him last. he is so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog, I hadn't noticed brojonelson.blogspot.com earlier in my searches!
Carry on the fantastic work!

Shells said...

Toughy is a cutie! I hope everybody is feeling better.