Friday, February 05, 2010

Snow Day

Where we live in Virginia typical doesn't get much snow. This past weekend we had a "big" snow storm where it snowed a foot in one day and EVERYTHING shut down. Church was cancelled, school was cancelled for two days, the hospital where Cody worked was closed. It was the biggest snow storm in 20 years. I am giggling as I write this, because I know some of you are in locations like Pittsburgh or Utah that get so much snow, a foot is just considered a dusting. It would take much more than a foot of snow to close school, much less a hospital. But to be fair to Virginia, in places that get snow frequently, they have snow plows, employees, and money budgeted to plow all the streets before you even wake up in the morning. We don't have that here, because it rarely snows. So the streets weren't plowed and they were pretty bad for several days as we waited for the sun to melt it away. We had a nice, cozy, long weekend at home, with a winter wonderland in our backyard.

What Ghetto Parenting Looks Like:


14 comments:

Bethany said...

That's so funny.

Elise said...

If snow storms are so hard to come by in VA then you had better enjoy them, camo snow suit, tennis shoes and all! I'm so excited you're coming to visit "the burg", I can't wait to see you and meet Luke!!

Cara said...

Love the picture. That's pretty funny!

Liz said...

Ghetto parenting! Ha ha haaaa! Love the picture labels. :D

Carrie said...

Oh, the ghetto parenting made me laugh so hard! I've often wondered if wearing extra socks with rain boots would actually be better than snow boots, anyway.

Amy said...

Ghetto parenting.... hahaha! I have some of those days too. I'm just glad that I (hopefully) will NEVER have to buy snow clothes for my kids. At least not until they go on ski trips or something. Hey At least you had some good family time out of all that snow :)

Gina said...

This was so funny to read. I love it!

Jana said...

LOLLOLOLOLOL!!!!! I love the ghetto outfits. And that Cody has a short sleeve shirt on too. What a strong man. I think Ellie's snow pants might fit Claire a little better. I'll bring them for you next weekend.

PRP said...

I think you're the best ghetto parents on the block. :)

tharker said...

How do you close a hospital? I guess I didn't know that they ever closed. "Sorry, sir, but you and your heart attack will have to come back tomorrow. It's a snow day!" Too funny!

That picture is awesome!

Wendi said...

Love the photo! I must admit though, I am a fan of galoshes in the snow. Especially if its a wet snow. Zub and Shannie do it all the time.

Hannah J said...

that is pretty getto

Shells said...

I'm laughing right now because I don't think I'll ever have to deal with snow here in Phoenix (nothing that will stick around anyway). I do not miss it!

Debi said...

I can't stop laughing you are hilarious! When are you going to write a book?!
deb