Sunday, February 28, 2010

February in Review

I feel a bit boring just putting pictures on all my posts. I have a desire to write things, but just not much down time to do it. I have three kids now. Life has actually been really good since little Luke has come along. I have been really busy, tired, and oddly enough, super happy. Usually tired + me = not super happy, but I have just been surging with good feelings. I think my body is just so happy to not to have all the extra hormones of pregnancy. I sometimes get asked by people how life is with three kids. This is what my life is with three kids.

I felt like February was off to a good start.

Claire and I made valentines for her kindergarten class. And if you ignore that fact that by the end of making the cards, Claire was almost in tears, and I was in a bad mood that lasted for the rest of the evening, everything went pretty well.


A big secret I have for surviving having more children than I do arms, is that I inevitably have to ignore one or more of them for some periods of time. And this is just a result of some of my ignoring:

(I found Morgan on the counter, downing bottles of red and blue sprinkles like it was juice)

(And then one day I heard the water start running upstairs, and I go up to find these two hoodlums have a swim date in my bathroom. )


****

But this little smile. . . it's impossible to ignore.


we're doing just fine.

16 comments:

Libby said...

oh i miss you guys already! those valentine's are absolutely adorable!!

Wendi said...

Those Valentines are extremely adorable. And I know what you mean about having to ignore one or more of the kids at a time. I ended up with dry erase marker on my couch a few times, paint on the couch, among other things. Luke is SOOOO cute though... he's totally worth a few messes here and there.

Heather said...

he is soo big! and totally adorable. at least the water was in a contained space for the swim date, rather than the floor.

Carrie said...

Marcus goes on drinking binges with the sprinkles, too. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who deals with stuff like that!

PRP said...

What is it about kids and bathing suits and bathtubs? <Mine do the exact same thing.

And that Luke? Gorgeous. I just want to smush his face!

tharker said...

Glad to see that life with 3 is treating you well. Love the guilty sprinkles face on Morgan!

Swimming in the bathtub used to be a big hit around here too. Such cute girls!

Seeing that picture of Luke only makes me MORE excited for the day I finally get to meet him! I can't wait to love on him!!

Jana said...

WAAAA!!! I miss you too much now. And what the heck on the valentines?!!! You make every other mom look seriously pathetic. We passed out Lego valentines and princess. (they were tattoos). A little ghetto? Umm, yes.

Rachel said...

haha. Morgan reminds me of Pidgie. I ignore her & chaos always follows. I can't wait to see your kids in person. When are you coming to visit?

Liz said...

Oh so cute! Love that chub! And the girls hopping in the bathtub all by themselves . . . classic. What great pictures! (You know I'll never complain about pictures). :D

Kelsey said...

Those valentines are so cute! Hilarious how the girls are in your tub swimming. :) And Oh My what a cute little guy you have there!!!

Sketchy said...

Hey Brooke! Here's a hint from a mom of more than 2 for a long time. It's not called ignoring them, it's called allowing the space and freedom to express themselves.

Love ya!

Pitcherpost said...

oh he's such a cute chunkster!and very very cute valentine's too! I wish I was a cute mom like you. This was my first year that I had a venue for sharing valentines (aubs playschool group) and i barely managed get to walmart and buy some tacky little character cards. help me!

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH!! Luke... he is so adorable! I want to squeeze him. I'm glad to know that life with 3 kids is happy for you... I'm terrified of the thought.

Gina said...

Luke is SO cute! Love the cheesie smile! The valentines are so cute too. Above and beyond!

Shells said...

Is morgan wearing a ballerina outfit or a swimming suit?

Brooklet said...

Its a swimsuit with a tutu that I bought from target. It is beyond cute.