Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Mom

My mom came to visit a month ago and what a sweet visit it was. By the time she arrived, I had been a single mom for about three days, while Cody was off across the country for some military training crap. It was a tough three days, being that I had a newborn, but that made my mom's visit all the more sweeter. Not only was she such a big help during the time Cody was away, she was just a lot of fun to have around. We talked, we baked (okay, she baked, I ate), we watched HGtv, and we did a little sight-seeing. She was great with the kids, brought gifts, made crafts, cooked with them- they always have fun with Grandma! It was my favorite visit yet.

{a tour of a battleship}



{A visit to the Atlantic Ocean}
This was my mom's first time seeing the Atlantic Ocean and it was cold and windy, but vast. Very, very vast).


{Craft time with Grandma}


{One of my favorite things about my mom's visits- super yummy baked goods- she made cinnamon rolls, butterhorn rolls, cookies- sooo-ho-ho good}'

Thanks, Mom,
for the visit,
the help,
the food,
and all the good times.

7 comments:

Y's creations said...

Thanks for the nice post. I had a great visit, the pictures brings back such good memories. We had a good time and I am glad that I was able to spend some one on one time with the kids, and got to snuggle with Luke. Luke sure has changed a lot since I was there. You are a great mom, I loved the time that I got to spend with the kids, and I wish that I could come more often. Take Care. Give my love to the kids.

Heather said...

What a fun visit! When are you coming out here for a visit??

tharker said...

You are so blessed to have such a great mother Brooke. And I feel so blessed that you all share her with me. She truly is the best!

And, oh how yummy do those cinnamon rolls look? Like I said, she's the best!!

P.S.
How did Cody's military crap training go?

Jana said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun. I love doing all those things with moms!! :) How about WE do some of those things together in February?!! :)

tharker said...

So I just looked more closely at the picture of your mom and the girls at the battleship, and I'm cracking up! What is Claire doing? I love that girl!!!

Brooklet said...

I know, classic nelson kids picture. Train wreck. I don't know what Claire was doing- but it was cold and so we were trying to take the picture as fast as we could.

Rachel said...

jealous. can I have her?? your kids must love having grandma around.